Report Forum Problems and Make Forum Wishes Here...

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

same here!
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

BMP
Information

Post by BMP »

I'm not sure if it's a forum problem, or something is wrong with certain posts (my computer? my eyes?). I've found several posts (mostly by bajaman) describing interesting builds, and of course I wanted to see schematics associated with them. Unluckily, I could see no attached data.

I thought it was in some protected forum area, so I registered on the forum. But still there is no attached data to be seen, and I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing such problems.

Here are some links on the subject described: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1790 and viewtopic.php?f=13&t=902&start=15. Can anyone lead me to schematics links there? Or perhaps I should post a screenshot so that one could see if it has all the buttons needed?

JimiB
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: AC30

Post by JimiB »

Anybody else having this problem? I cleared my cache but didnt help.
I am getting this error

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect key file for table 'phpbb3_sessions'; try to repair it [1034]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

IggY
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by IggY »

the "Requests Folder" looks alarmingly empty today!

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

BMP wrote:Here are some links on the subject described: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1790 and viewtopic.php?f=13&t=902&start=15. Can anyone lead me to schematics links there? Or perhaps I should post a screenshot so that one could see if it has all the buttons needed?
I looked at the BAJA Triode Emulator thread and didn't find any schematic or file links.
members/bajaman/Baja/BAJA%20Triode%20Em ... ost%20Plus

They have always been there... :wink:
JimiB wrote:Anybody else having this problem? I cleared my cache but didnt help.
I am getting this error

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect key file for table 'phpbb3_sessions'; try to repair it [1034]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
What were you doing when you got that error? Is this action still resulting in errors? Please let me know. thanks
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

IggY wrote:the "Requests Folder" looks alarmingly empty today!
that's ok, at least now with the update, the post pruning script works. Requests with long inactivity get pruned (abgeschnitten, ausgeputzt)
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

JiM
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Completed builds :
Proco Rat
MXR MicroAmp in a volume pedal
TubeDriver (w/ NoS russian tube and big muff tone contol) + Phase 45 (w/ univibe cap ratio)
Dallas Rangemaster (w/ noisy OC75, negative ground)
SubCaster tube booster (w/ NoS russian tube, PtP)
Hot Harmonics
Music From Outer Space SubCommander in progress
Crackle Not OK
Simple bass blender in a 1590A
Bazz Fuss with a photo-darlington

Post by JiM »

Hi, i've noticed that before, but now i guess it's not the normal forum behaviour : i cannot post, reply nor vote for polls in the "Stompbox Builder's FAQs & How To's" section. I thought there were only closed topics moved there by modos from other sections, when a common question got a good answer. But as it's very well organized now, it's tempting to distribute a few grains of salt or .2 cents in a couple of topics i know something about ...

Specifically, i can't answer to Modman and Lolbou there : https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6861 and that thread is brand new.
What's up doc ?

EDIT : it's only in the sub-directories of the FAQs & How To's section.
I only give negative feedback.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

JiM wrote:Hi, i've noticed that before, but now i guess it's not the normal forum behaviour : i cannot post, reply nor vote for polls in the "Stompbox Builder's FAQs & How To's" section. I thought there were only closed topics moved there by modos from other sections, when a common question got a good answer. But as it's very well organized now, it's tempting to distribute a few grains of salt or .2 cents in a couple of topics i know something about ...

Specifically, i can't answer to Modman and Lolbou there : https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6861 and that thread is brand new.
What's up doc ?

EDIT : it's only in the sub-directories of the FAQs & How To's section.
YES, I was going to put out a notice about that. Members can post in the ROOT folder of the FAQ, not in the subdirectories. Relevant threads will be moved there by the moderators.

But then I was having a discussion with some members in the subfolder earlier :hmmm: :scratch: it seems like when the thread was started outside of the folder, the new rules don't apply....or do they?

Was checking this out... and some ten other things... :horsey:

thanks for mentioning this. Looking into it...

JiM
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Completed builds :
Proco Rat
MXR MicroAmp in a volume pedal
TubeDriver (w/ NoS russian tube and big muff tone contol) + Phase 45 (w/ univibe cap ratio)
Dallas Rangemaster (w/ noisy OC75, negative ground)
SubCaster tube booster (w/ NoS russian tube, PtP)
Hot Harmonics
Music From Outer Space SubCommander in progress
Crackle Not OK
Simple bass blender in a 1590A
Bazz Fuss with a photo-darlington

Post by JiM »

modman wrote:Members can post in the ROOT folder of the FAQ, not in the subdirectories. Relevant threads will be moved there by the moderators.
OK, i understand it's intended to keep these subfolders nice & tidy. :thumbsup

Then when one wants to add some relevant info to a thread already moved in a subsection, one posts a new thread at the root FAQ folder, and waits for the moderators to move it where it belongs (the intended FAQ subfolder thread, another section ... or the Catfight) ? :blackeye
I only give negative feedback.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

JiM wrote:
modman wrote:Members can post in the ROOT folder of the FAQ, not in the subdirectories. Relevant threads will be moved there by the moderators.
OK, i understand it's intended to keep these subfolders nice & tidy. :thumbsup

Then when one wants to add some relevant info to a thread already moved in a subsection, one posts a new thread at the root FAQ folder, and waits for the moderators to move it where it belongs (the intended FAQ subfolder thread, another section ... or the Catfight) ? :blackeye
That is the basic idea: to use this as a reference base for recurring questions. However I never imagined there would be a need for basic stompbox question on this forum in the beginning, so the FAQ started out as a collection split-offs from other threads.

Yes one can add and issue in the root of the FAQ, and moderators can move it later. But we could also set up a special group FAQ-Mods with members who feel like contributing to move some messages around.

All this is part of process of making the information more accessible. I don't know whether I will be able to finish it before September. An important part of this will be to republish the most popular schematics and build information so people don't have to go searching through pages of threads for correct versions.

We'll see how it goes.

angelfish halo
Information

Post by angelfish halo »

Hi,I`m a new reader/info seeker.I`m in Australia so,that`s probably why I`m a bit slow. I`ve received the confirm email,can log in OK but,my first post disappeared or was deleted.Have received no replies or warning letters? I was seeking info on older Colorsound wah& fuzz wah production dates& circuit variations.Did I say something wrong? I`m showing 1 posting but I`m stuffed if I know where it is.I did try to post in the Modern stompboxes(1975-) section,but,since a couple of the pedals I`m interested in were built before then,maybe that's why... Furthermore,why am I NOT allowed to edit my own listing?? Confusion reigns! Thanks for your time. Help?! Sean/angelfish halo

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

angelfish halo wrote:Hi,I`m a new reader/info seeker.I`m in Australia so,that`s probably why I`m a bit slow. I`ve received the confirm email,can log in OK but,my first post disappeared or was deleted.Have received no replies or warning letters? I was seeking info on older Colorsound wah& fuzz wah production dates& circuit variations.Did I say something wrong? I`m showing 1 posting but I`m stuffed if I know where it is.I did try to post in the Modern stompboxes(1975-) section,but,since a couple of the pedals I`m interested in were built before then,maybe that's why... Furthermore,why am I NOT allowed to edit my own listing?? Confusion reigns! Thanks for your time. Help?! Sean/angelfish halo
I'm sure you're not slow because you're an Aussie Mate.. we're several hours ahead of the rest of 'em !!

I don't know where your post went sorry.. it does seem to be gone even though it shows in your post count.
I'd say just post it again.
Note that the circuit analysis section (Vintage, Modern, Boutique, etc) is for analysis.. so if you have a question about dates, etc I would suggest the Members area.

Most the forums can't be edited more than a few minutes after you post.. it helps retain useful info for members..
:thumbsup

.. and welcome aboard !!
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

separanets
Information
my favorite amplifier: peavey vtm-60

Post by separanets »

Greg_G wrote: Most the forums can't be edited more than a few minutes after you post.. it helps retain useful info for members..

Useful... or harmful. Yesterday I published an image with a layout, and today I found a mistake in the layout. I wanted to replace the image with the new proper version, but it was not possible. People will always see that incorrect layout even though I put up a proper one after.

culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

separanets wrote:Useful... or harmful. Yesterday I published an image with a layout, and today I found a mistake in the layout. I wanted to replace the image with the new proper version, but it was not possible. People will always see that incorrect layout even though I put up a proper one after.
You can PM any of the moderators and we'll delete the old layout. Or you can flag the post with the old layout, and make a note for us to remove it.

separanets
Information
my favorite amplifier: peavey vtm-60

Post by separanets »

I have a right to delete my attachements via CP, but I still can't replace them. All the same it's ok, I can delete it and post a new answer with a new file attached. Or I can report to a moderator. Thank both of you for advice.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

angelfish halo wrote:Hi,I`m a new reader/info seeker.I`m in Australia so,that`s probably why I`m a bit slow. I`ve received the confirm email,can log in OK but,my first post disappeared or was deleted.Have received no replies or warning letters? I was seeking info on older Colorsound wah& fuzz wah production dates& circuit variations.Did I say something wrong? I`m showing 1 posting but I`m stuffed if I know where it is.I did try to post in the Modern stompboxes(1975-) section,but,since a couple of the pedals I`m interested in were built before then,maybe that's why... Furthermore,why am I NOT allowed to edit my own listing?? Confusion reigns! Thanks for your time. Help?! Sean/angelfish halo
i know this is very late, but i am sure your post got moved to the requests section. i'm sure you could find it if you check your posts. we rarely delete anything around here, but we do try to keep things tidy.

sorry for the confusion. :wink:
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

.Mike
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by .Mike »

Hey guys,

I just want to let you know that your topic subscription email all say this at the bottom:

Please disregard, this is a test mail

Not a big deal, but I figured you might want to know. :)

Mike
My website: America's Debate | My effects site: Just one more build...

Bronsonrock
Information

Post by Bronsonrock »

I don't see the box down at the bottom of the threads that say "you have this permission or that permission". I also don't have the ability to start threads.

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

Bronsonrock wrote:I don't see the box down at the bottom of the threads that say "you have this permission or that permission". I also don't have the ability to start threads.
Can you see this button at the top left (New Topic) ?
Attachments
fsb.GIF
fsb.GIF (32.77 KiB) Viewed 13566 times
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

Bronsonrock
Information

Post by Bronsonrock »

I do now, but I didn't before. Not sure what was going on but it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. I was able to start a topic and ask my question.

Thank you for the support!