Report Forum Problems and Make Forum Wishes Here...

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
PmCimini
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by PmCimini »

Quick question: Why can't I post new threads on the Stompbox FAQ's and how tos?

Thank you :horsey:

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

I'm no idea why, but all day when new post be me is added - double post pop up :?

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

sinner wrote:I'm no idea why, but all day when new post be me is added - double post pop up :?
Clear browser cache (shift F5 or just F5). This isn't a continuous problem is it?
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Realfi
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: VOX

Post by Realfi »

Guys..Just as an aside, is there any way that the edit button for a post could be a permanent rather than a brief thing?

I HATE looking at my typos and would love to be able to correct the occasional grammatical trip-up that I make when I'm posting in a hurry!

Realfi
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Realfi »

Realfi wrote:Guys..Just as an aside, is there any way that the edit button for a post could be a permanent rather than a brief thing?

I HATE looking at my typos and would love to be able to correct the occasional grammatical trip-up that I make when I'm posting in a hurry!
Thanks for moving this...

Realfi aka FSB noob!

blumpkin
Information

Post by blumpkin »

Hi, i'm having trouble logging in with my "telecaster" loggin name. Tried several times, had new passwords sent and still not working. This is the message I get.

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

So I registered a new loggin name, needed a new email because the site wouldn't allow my old one. So now I'm a "blumpkin". I emailed the site administrator and never got a reply. Never had this problem before. :whappen: :popcorn:

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

Realfi wrote:Guys..Just as an aside, is there any way that the edit button for a post could be a permanent rather than a brief thing?

the edit button is there for long enough that you should be able to fix any grammatical errors. if you are that worried about typos, the preview function is very helpful. so, sorry, but the edit button will probably be staying the way it is. personally, i think it is a good system, because it makes you think before you post. if you come in with guns flying, shooting off your mouth, you have to own up to it the next day. there is a way to edit attachments, which is all that should really be necessary. we'll be posting a sticky tutorial on how to do that shortly.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

Realfi
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Realfi »

RnFR wrote:

the edit button is there for long enough that you should be able to fix any grammatical errors. if you are that worried about typos, the preview function is very helpful. so, sorry, but the edit button will probably be staying the way it is. personally, i think it is a good system, because it makes you think before you post. if you come in with guns flying, shooting off your mouth, you have to own up to it the next day. there is a way to edit attachments, which is all that should really be necessary. we'll be posting a sticky tutorial on how to do that shortly.
I don't know how long the edit button is meant to be there for or if it's always consistent but I've sometimes returned to a post not much more than a minute after I've posted and it's not there.

blumpkin
Information

Post by blumpkin »

Still no reply, can anyone tell me why my "telecaster" account screen name won't work?

Hides-His-Eyes
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Hides-His-Eyes »

Realfi wrote: I don't know how long the edit button is meant to be there for or if it's always consistent but I've sometimes returned to a post not much more than a minute after I've posted and it's not there.
same.
Testing, testing, won too fwee

telecaster
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by telecaster »

Well I got this account to work finally. Seems I had to reconfirm the account first. Thanks for all your help and support. :roll:
KindaFuzzy - Looks like a blue nail polish and nutella sandwich.
Freekish - "Our originality is in the basement. Our business is in the toilet"
Guitarlcarl - I did take offence at being called an idiot by a moron.

OverDrive
Information

Post by OverDrive »

I was browsing the Wiki pages and I opened a link in analoguru's SHO article - I believe it was the first link to a gut shot. The link put a virus on my PC. It was very difficult to remove and required me to format the PC.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

OverDrive wrote:I was browsing the Wiki pages and I opened a link in analoguru's SHO article - I believe it was the first link to a gut shot. The link put a virus on my PC. It was very difficult to remove and required me to format the PC.
At least give me the page of the forum on which that links is. thanks
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

OverDrive
Information

Post by OverDrive »

Grendahl
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Grendahl »

When going to that link, you actually get redirected to another location. Here's the report about that location:

Code: Select all

Diagnostic page for tempviews.cz.cc/page

What is the current listing status for tempviews.cz.cc/page?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 3 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-04-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-04-20.

Malicious software includes 29 trojan(s), 4 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 8 domain(s), including scanprotectionfiltersoft.com/, scanprotectionexpertssoft.com/, scanprotectionkansassoft.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS10029 (SPECTRANET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, tempviews.cz.cc/page appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 918 site(s) including nuxi-navi.com/, kriminal.tv/, shinaplus.com.ua/.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Resistance is futile...
( if < 1 ohm )

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

I just tried to thank someone and got the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'messenger' not found in /home/freestom/public_html/includes/functions_thanks.php on line 511
This could be the problem:

Open includes/functions_thanks.php

Find:

//      if (!function_exists('messenger'))
//      {
//         include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_messenger.' . $phpEx);
//      }
replace with:

if (!class_exists('messenger'))
      {
         include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_messenger.' . $phpEx);
      }
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

mysticwhiskey
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by mysticwhiskey »

In the last week or so, the forum has been timing out with a MySQL error:
Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 2.22.33 PM.png
The forum becomes unavailable for maybe 15 to 30 minutes, and then it seems to go back to normal. There have been other similar error messages in addition to the one attached, but all seem to relate to the database server being unreachable in one way or another.

The only pattern I can see is that this seems to be happening roughly around 2 to 4am UTC time, and seems to happen most days I'm browsing the forum at that time.

culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

^^ This happens (usually) when the database server is on a different machine from the web server. The DB server may be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance, or maybe just because another site is hitting that server especially hard, or perhaps even because the DB server is rebooting or is failing over if in a cluster.

It's a good thing to keep an eye on, but it's generally not a huge deal. Other than being annoying, of course.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

thanks for notifying, will be back doing some general maintenance this week, once the kids are off to grandma.
If it autoresolves - all the better - just on the host's side then - good sign that they do regular maintenance

thanks guys you's gold

apollomusicservice
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by apollomusicservice »

Why on Board index in topic "Stompbox Builder's FAQs & How To's" ,
everytime when you click on "last post" at right side, open topic is
"About to begin my first vero project, few Q's"?