new strings on my guitar & delicious coffee - Mini Chat

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.

What's your opinion about the mini-chat?

I hate it, now I have to scroll down through even more sucker bullshit.
43%
Mini-whot? Isn't this a good time for another bong?
10%
I like it, but it shouldn't be on the top of the index page.
14%
I looove it, it's better than my iPhone chatbox!
33%

Total votes: 21

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

We've been updated to phpbb 3.0.11 - although the system was running smoothly (sort of). I've cleared out some more garbage on the server, and I seem to have the impression it's running a bit faster now.

I've been installing some goodies on the admin side and updating mods. I also installed Mini-Chat, as a quick means of communication and interaction, but it's placed somewhat obtrusively on the top of the page. I'm only doing this to make it known to the members it's there, there is a button on the top right linking to a separate chatpage.

So here's your chance to spit your opinion about this...
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

Being an old git I have never used a chat facility in my life and am unlikely to start now.

As long as you don't put it at the top of "View active topics", that I have bookmarked, then I really don't care where it goes.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: DIY Hiwatt DR504

Post by gilmour_pugliese »

absolutely useless... my 2 cent :popcorn:

uncleboko
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by uncleboko »

It would be nice to have a hide button for those of us who do not wish to see it.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

deltafred wrote:As long as you don't put it at the top of "View active topics", that I have bookmarked, then I really don't care where it goes.
active topics is all I ever use on any forum.. if it's not stuck in there I'm happy
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Same comment here (as Fred's and Rocky's). Might be useful and fun at times (debugging comes to mind, although it would not keep trace of every iteration of the debugging process)...
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Ok, I hear ya, I took it off the index page now, Still available through the link
Thanks for the feedback
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal