Page 1 of 1

Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 06:29
by POTL
Hello
I am trying to register on the Madbean forum
faced with the following problem: the forum wrote that I use the Russian email(.ru) but I never use it
I use a Google Account
I heard that the representative(or owner) of the site happens on this forum
Want to know how to register on the forum and solved the problem

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 21:42
by POTL
can anyone have a link to your account representative madbean I would like to write to him personally

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2016, 13:44
by deltafred
Madbean was a member here but left a few years ago. I cannot remember the details but am pretty sure there was some controversy.

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 12:16
by PMowdes
I had trouble with registering using a Hotmail account. Managed to register fine using googlemail. I think the confirmation email is failing to arrive to some email suppliers

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 14:22
by plush
It seems that madbean's forum is bugged in some way.

Sometimes I can't login into my account (which was registered using google mail) because of the same reason (.ru domain).
I've got russian IP, btw, but i don't think there is a problem with it.

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 17:07
by modman
Madbean did help a lot in capitalizing freestompboxes.org into sellable kits. This wasn't without problems and actions from the IP police.
So I his whole website is dancing around really indentifying the pedal kits he's selling. Trying to link them to the commercial pedal in one sense, but not referring to it objectively. The key to the cloned kit kingdom is that forum of course, that's where you can learn which pedal is which.

I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
They came, went and still come and go. I do get mixed feelings when madbeaners come here...
All the info is here, came from here, and we call a duck a duck if talk like, walks like, smells like and traces back to duck.

Maybe he's a nice guy, I never met him or care.
Did hear his music, which was kinda of very ok.

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 20:26
by Jan1966
modman wrote:Madbean did help a lot in capitalizing freestompboxes.org into sellable kits. This wasn't without problems and actions from the IP police.
So I his whole website is dancing around really indentifying the pedal kits he's selling. Trying to link them to the commercial pedal in one sense, but not referring to it objectively. The key to the cloned kit kingdom is that forum of course, that's where you can learn which pedal is which.

I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
They came, went and still come and go. I do get mixed feelings when madbeaners come here...
All the info is here, came from here, and we call a duck a duck if talk like, walks like, smells like and traces back to duck.

Maybe he's a nice guy, I never met him or care.
Did hear his music, which was kinda of very ok.


He must have learned a lot of stuff here and is now selling his pcb's from all this info.

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 07:58
by peterc
I am quite surprised at these negative comments.

I find Brian and Madbean a really good place to hang out. He very rarely clones a pedal directly, he always has some kind of extra input that makes a design interesting.

Witness the Deluxe Memory Man project development, pedals like the Cavedweller and Dirtbaby, for example.

i have been on his forum for about 3 years now and I have never seen a kit for sale by him, only PCBs. A lot of his projects also have single sided etch files as well. There is a whole section called 'Etchers Paradise' that is really good for basic designs.

He had some issues with .ru registrations and spammers so he banned them for a while, but has recently changed that. Have another look at the Forum.

He also offered to host the now defunct Beavis audio site free of charge, with no response and also has sub forums (fora?) for other pedal PCB makers.

I am in no way involved with Madbean but have bought PCBs from him. Good ones too.

Hope this helps
Regards Peter

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 16:23
by mwelch55
I agree with everything peterc said. Also, the forum members and the admins are very respectful and don't make newbies feel like they are stupid.

Mike

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 22:32
by gordo
Seriously? The Madbean site and it's owner are some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with, let alone learned from. There were definite issues with *.ru addresses and I believe all of them have been corrected. I would encourage anyone that got bounced to give it another try and join us. I have no affiliation of any sort to the site, but it's my major hang and I'm eternally grateful for all the help it's members have given me over the years.

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 19:59
by larsjm
modman wrote:I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
They came, went and still come and go. I do get mixed feelings when madbeaners come here...
All the info is here, came from here,....

To which "info" and "content" are you referring to? This is a pedal-cloning site. The "info" and "content" is all based off of ideas, schematics, and data sheets that have existed sometimes for several decades...well before this site ever existed. It's ironic that you're claiming ownership to "All the info", when everybody is guilty of taking ideas from someone else when it comes to guitar pedals. Are you really trying to say that the Big Muff, the Tubescreamer, the Klon, the Fuzz Face, the Tonebender, the Electric Mistress, the Phase 90, the CE-2, PT2399-based delays, etc....all the info about all these came from here?

I do get mixed drinks when I hear nonsense like this.

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 19:23
by POTL
problem solved
Thread can be closed

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 18:10
by modman
If Madbean's is such a great forum, what are you doing here?

mwelch55 wrote:I agree with everything peterc said. Also, the forum members and the admins are very respectful and don't make newbies feel like they are stupid.

That's because they have no members, but customers. They are a business. It's an economy, stupid newbie!

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 22:22
by POTL
I registered and disappointed, not more there'll come)

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 07:50
by Nocentelli
larsjm wrote:
modman wrote:I always withstood commercializing the content here. But couldn't stop other doing it.
They came, went and still come and go. I do get mixed feelings when madbeaners come here...
All the info is here, came from here,....

To which "info" and "content" are you referring to? This is a pedal-cloning site. The "info" and "content" is all based off of ideas, schematics, and data sheets that have existed sometimes for several decades...well before this site ever existed. It's ironic that you're claiming ownership to "All the info", when everybody is guilty of taking ideas from someone else when it comes to guitar pedals. Are you really trying to say that the Big Muff, the Tubescreamer, the Klon, the Fuzz Face, the Tonebender, the Electric Mistress, the Phase 90, the CE-2, PT2399-based delays, etc....all the info about all these came from here?

I do get mixed drinks when I hear nonsense like this.


I think you have the bit in bold the wrong way around. Madbean's public forum is an arm of a commercial venture, whereas this site is only about collecting and curating information and accurate schematics for every pedal ever built. Modman has never encouraged people to post layouts or sell pcbs, precisely because it is NOT a pedal-cloning site. Some of the info here may have existed before this website, but much of FSB'S content is freshly traced "boutique" pedals being debunked as semi-clones, or corrections to ages-old, wrong schematics that had been floating around the Internet, backed up with gutshots to confirm "the science".

Madbean's pcbs are all renamed and slightly tweaked from the original circuits they are based upon only to avoid the possibility of being sued for profiting off intellectual property rights transgressions or trademark infringement. The moderators and users at madbean are always nice and polite, chiefly because many posters are potential customers, or have their own pcbs for sale at the same forum. Nothing wrong with that, but it should be acknowledged.

Re: Madbean registration problem

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 19:00
by Jan1966
Business Business. You want unobtainium components to complete your builds ? Buy them from my mate who is the only supplier and charges mega bucks for an IC. :roll: