Did I burn out my LED?

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
digitalzombie
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by digitalzombie »

Newbie question. I'm wiring up an UV colored LED to a pedal that didn't come with one. As far as I can tell my wiring is fine. I have a 3.3k in line between the cathode of the LED and voltage. Put the battery in, clicked the stomp, and the LED lit. Clicked it off after a second, then back on, and after about a second the LED changed to a kind of bright purple and won't come back on. Do I need to bother to check my wiring to see if something just came loose, or is this LED toast and it's back to the drawing board? I used electrical tape to shield my connections after soldering, so I don't see how it could be shorting out any where. I'll post pictures if someone thinks that'll help, but does that sound like the behavior of an LED that just burnt itself out?

digitalzombie
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by digitalzombie »

Ugh!!! Nevermind! Just took another look and I ordered 3.3ohm.... Not 3.3k.... fml...