Adding a battery to a tremolo

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
registracii
Information

Post by registracii »

Hi guys,
I am trying to build a opto tremolo kit.
The wiring diagram http://diy.musikding.de/images/stories/ ... lowire.pdf is without battery - only ps.

I have couple of questions:
Is there a reason for that?
Can I add a battery connector and how?

thanks

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

registracii wrote:I have couple of questions:
Is there a reason for that?
Can I add a battery connector and how?

thanks
reason: batteries are bad for the environment / no space in the box / don't need it (because you only use your quality power supply)
adding a connector: Use the unused lug of the power jack for the red wire of the snap and the ring of the input jack for the black wire (the one that touches the middle of the plug, the unused lug on a stereo input jack). Picture

have fun.

registracii
Information

Post by registracii »

thanks Seiche,
I've simply soldered the battery connector to the points where the PS connector is supposed to be just to test the pedal.(my PS is dead)
The pedal works but I'm pretty sure not as it is intended to work.
I was able to get it to works only when I put the trim pot inside to max. Otherwise it doesn't let any signal through.
Most of the pots are doing virtually nothing of some minor changes. I can only hear sound if the pot labeled as depth is max opened and the speed of them goes from fast to very fast by turning the Sym pot.....

pretty much another failed attempt :(

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

? just do it the way i described, it'll work without a PS (that's the point). As soon as you connect a supply, the internal battery gets shut off.

registracii
Information

Post by registracii »

Seiche wrote:? just do it the way i described, it'll work without a PS (that's the point). As soon as you connect a supply, the internal battery gets shut off.
yep I did change it to the way that it will cut off the battery .I guess I did something wrong building it tho. I will test it on PS just in case.