A Few Questions

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
aldaraia
Information
my favorite amplifier: A loud one
Completed builds: fOXX Tone Machine
Zvex Fuzz Factory
DBA Harmonic Transformer

Post by aldaraia »

Howdy,

I'm just now getting in to designing and refining my own schematics and my first few ideas revolve around modifying a fuzz face schematic. I have a few ideas that I'd like to implement that I've "borrowed" from other pedals. The first that I'd like to implement are a feedback loop and starving voltage, both are ideas that I got from the Mountainking Frequency LSD. My questions are just about how one would implement these ideas.

For the feedback loop, I'm assuming that one would just take the output of the circuit and feed it back into the input of the circuit with, essentially, a volume pot controlling how much gets sent back to the input. I feel like this should work but I'm also concerned that sending the pot to ground would ground the output entirely and thus just act as a regular volume pot. If this is not so or there is another way to go about it, I'd sure appreciate input.

As for starving voltage, I assume that that could be done with a pot sent to ground between +9v and where it's expected in the circuit so you can reduce the voltage going to the circuit.

Please forgive any stupid talk, I have a basic and general understanding of how this stuff works, I do not know specifics, nor jargon. Any input would be appreciated.

cdeschenes
Information

Post by cdeschenes »