millenium 2 bypass plus

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
codycale
Information

Post by codycale »

i am sure there is a very simple answer to this, but i want to build the millenium 2 bypass plus circuit so i can send the fx input to ground when bypassed and have an led, but i am not sure where to connect the signal shunt line. this is the shcematic from rg keen that i am using http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/m ... l2plus.htm can anyone tell me where exactly the signal shunt connects to. does it connect to the same lug on the switch that goes to the fx input? if so, does that not load down the guitar signal?

Groovenut
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Groovenut »

codycale wrote:i am sure there is a very simple answer to this, but i want to build the millenium 2 bypass plus circuit so i can send the fx input to ground when bypassed and have an led, but i am not sure where to connect the signal shunt line. this is the shcematic from rg keen that i am using http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/m ... l2plus.htm can anyone tell me where exactly the signal shunt connects to. does it connect to the same lug on the switch that goes to the fx input? if so, does that not load down the guitar signal?

I think this makes it a little easier to see. This is not the millennium 2 plus but it serves for illustration. You can see that if you attach the signal shunt line of the MB2+ to the terminal on the switch where the effect input is connected, that when the effect is active the signal shunt line becomes a high impedance path essentially isolating the effect input from ground. When the effect is bypassed the signal shunt line becomes a low impedance to ground, essentially grounding the input of the effect, while the footswitch routes the signal around the effect to the output.
Millennium Bypass 2 +
Millennium Bypass 2 +
milckt3.gif (8.73 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
If I am interpreting RGs layout right this is how I would wire the switch
MB2+ DPDT Switch wiring
MB2+ DPDT Switch wiring
MB2+ DPDT Wiring.jpg (8.81 KiB) Viewed 1067 times

codycale
Information

Post by codycale »

thank you for your response. i did assume that was how it worked, but i guess sometimes it helps to have some things explained two different ways.