Magnavibe copy shopping list

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
Cjkarnitz
Information

Post by Cjkarnitz »

I'm an absolute beginner but have enlisted the help of an experienced electrician to help me with the process of building a Magnavibe vibrato pedal from one of the schematics found online.

Where's the best place to get the parts?

Can anyone give me a shopping list and installation instructions?

Chad K.
Cjkarnitz@hotmail.com

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

The schematic or layout you are using should list the parts: Post a link to it, and we'll help "translate" if you're not sure what to order based on parts listed.

Where best to order from will depend on where you live: In the UK, I tend to get stuff from local websites, since shipping is low, but I recently bought a load from Tayda, as their parts are very cheap, the slight increase in shipping is easily offset.

I'm sure your electrician friend can help you with the installation - You just need to solder the parts together. Wiring diagrams for the switching, LED, input/output can be easily found at Beavisaudio, tagboardeffects, gaussmarkov and many other sites.

For a simple walkthrough of building a veroboard/stripboard circuit, this is quite informative -

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main. ... S/album21/
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...