Pickup head?

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
non compos mentis
Information

Post by non compos mentis »

Hi I'm new and a total beginner. On the Beavis Audio site From Schematic to Reality guide. They have a symbol chart. One of the symbols is a rectangular thing with a point on one end. And the description of it is a "pickup head". What the hell is a pickup head. I've searched and searched and can't figure it out for the life of me. I hope someone here can tell me. And there's a schematic I'm interested in that has this symbol.

induction
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by induction »

I've never heard of a pickup head either (at least not in a stompbox context). That symbol is usually used as a generic connection marker, and text should be nearby to tell you what it connects to. For example, some schematics on the page you mentioned show that symbol accompanied by terms like 'input', 'output', and '9V DC+'.

If you're still unsure, post or link to the schematic you're interested in. Someone here will be able to help.

Good luck.