First Layout (vero) - Ruby Amp (validation needed)

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
schizoidman
Information

Post by schizoidman »

Here's the schematic:

And here is my layout:

I've been afraid of drawing layouts for some time, so i choosed a simple circuit to start. But since i'm a begginer i do not feel certain that everything is ok with this one.

I know i could tighten the layout, but for know i just want to know if i made some mistake or not. And i would prefer to know that before building the circuit :roll:

thanks

schizoidman
Information

Post by schizoidman »

No one?

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Check your JFET pinout: I think the MPF201 is DSG not DGS from top to bottom when viewed from above with flat side facing left. You could flip the JFET 180 degrees and swap over all connections and cuts on row b and c. I'll check the rest of the layout when I can see it on a bigger screen (not phone).
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

induction
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by induction »

Other than the mpf102 pinout, it looks good. You could eliminate the link next to the 220u by taking the 47n directly to the bottom row. You also may want to scoot that 47n, and possibly the 10r, over to columns g and h. 220u caps tend to be fairly big. YMMV.

schizoidman
Information

Post by schizoidman »

Thankyou for your help and sugestions.
Tomorrow i will update the layout and start to build.

Next endeavour is designing and etching a pcb. :shock: