From IC PC Board to Vero?

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
User6121
Information

Post by User6121 »

I don't need the ground wire? At all? Thought the toggle would need to be grounded just like the footswitch... Or do neither the toggle or footswitch need the ground?

So DPDT toggle like this then
Completed Wiring Layout DPDT.jpg
Also, I can use two mono jacks right? No need for a stereo jack anywhere, not planning on including a 9v Battery in this, just the DC adapter socket.

induction
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by induction »

That's right. The ground is just for the led. When the circuit is engaged, the cathode of the led is grounded and the led lights up. When you switch to bypass, that grounded lug is no longer connected to anything else in the circuit. The body of the switch is isolated from the lugs, and is grounded via the enclosure it you use a metal box and non-isolated jacks. Otherwise it's ungrounded unless you explicitly ground it somehow. With a 9V circuit, it's not crucial to ground the switch for safety, but it's good practice anyway.

And yes, when you don't use a battery, mono jacks are fine.

User6121
Information

Post by User6121 »

Well parts are ordered. Looking forward to getting this thing wired up, is it okay to get in touch via PM if I have any other problems?

induction
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by induction »

Sure you can provide me. Or just post here. I'm subscribed to this topic, so I'll be notified by email.

User6121
Information

Post by User6121 »

So the Veros are done, need testing but I dont know which lug of the 2.1mm DC Jack is + and -...

It has two lugs, one shorter than the other. I assume the longer one is positive but wanted to check - So which is which?
20140112_133404.jpg

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

User6121 wrote: I assume the longer one is positive but wanted to check - So which is which?
Check continuity with a DMM?
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

induction
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by induction »

I'm not familiar with that socket, but I'd guess the short lug is ground because of how close it is to the center. You should check to be sure before you connect it to the circuit. If you don't have a DMM, you can wire up an led and a limiting resistor and see which polarity makes it light up.