biasing transistors

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.

biasing transistors

Postby brendon79 » 11 Apr 2014, 22:23

I am going to build the 18V power boost with b169c. see attachment I have read that this circuit works best when the collectors are biased to 9V ( sound right??)
my question is which resistors would you tweak to bias the collector voltage for t2 and t3? (r6 and r 14) sorry its been a while since I too a electronics class
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brendon79

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: biasing transistors

Postby DrNomis » 17 May 2014, 00:59

brendon79 wrote:I am going to build the 18V power boost with b169c. see attachment I have read that this circuit works best when the collectors are biased to 9V ( sound right??)
my question is which resistors would you tweak to bias the collector voltage for t2 and t3? (r6 and r 14) sorry its been a while since I too a electronics class

You just need to tweak R6, R12, and R13 to get t2 and t3 biased correctly, if you're running the circuit off +18V, you need to bias the transistors to +9V (half the supply voltage), this ensures that the transistors will produce the maximum signal swing without clipping, normally this circuit is designed to run on +9V so the transistors would have been biased for 4.5V on their collectors....... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.
DrNomis
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 386 times

Return to Absolute Beginners