biasing transistors

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
brendon79
Information

Post by brendon79 »

I am going to build the 18V power boost with b169c. see attachment I have read that this circuit works best when the collectors are biased to 9V ( sound right??)
my question is which resistors would you tweak to bias the collector voltage for t2 and t3? (r6 and r 14) sorry its been a while since I too a electronics class
Attachments
Powerboost.jpg

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

brendon79 wrote:I am going to build the 18V power boost with b169c. see attachment I have read that this circuit works best when the collectors are biased to 9V ( sound right??)
my question is which resistors would you tweak to bias the collector voltage for t2 and t3? (r6 and r 14) sorry its been a while since I too a electronics class

You just need to tweak R6, R12, and R13 to get t2 and t3 biased correctly, if you're running the circuit off +18V, you need to bias the transistors to +9V (half the supply voltage), this ensures that the transistors will produce the maximum signal swing without clipping, normally this circuit is designed to run on +9V so the transistors would have been biased for 4.5V on their collectors....... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.