Will this mod work on a tonebender schematic?

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.

Will this mod work on a tonebender schematic?

Postby carabinerX » 22 May 2014, 23:05

This is my first pedal, after reading some great information given to me about muff pedal circuitry, ive tried to adopt some of the techniques and values to shape the sound. I dont know much about effects in regards to the voltage changes across the board, by changing some values and adding a diode do you foresee any serious issues with my changes, or have any tips/suggestions? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carabinerX

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Will this mod work on a tonebender schematic?

Postby carabinerX » 23 May 2014, 00:15

sorry guys, here is the image without downloading anything
carabinerX

Postby carabinerX » 23 May 2014, 01:15

My main concern here is the diode 'clipping' section, as ive been informed the original diode may be there just for temperature moderation and may not have an audible effect to put a clipping stage there, but I was thinking it may raise the leakage threshold governing Q3 giving more bite to the trim which, hopefully, will expand the potential tone range/effect....any thoughts here?
carabinerX

Postby DrNomis » 23 May 2014, 08:34

One of the two diodes (D1 and D2) will shunt most of the signal to ground, so you might find that you'll lose a bit of gain..... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.
DrNomis
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 384 times

Return to Absolute Beginners