How and what to solder on perfboard

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
jonahstepro
Information

Post by jonahstepro »

hey everyone, i am new to this site but am very interested in building this pedal. i understand that the layout is for a perfboard, but i dont understand how you know what to soder on the back, can someone please shed some light for me. thanks in advance for the help

floris
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by floris »

jonahstepro wrote: ... i dont understand how you know what to solder on the back, can someone please shed some light for me.
To which layout do you refer, please post a link.
Usually everything is soldered "on the back". Components are put "on the front" of a perfboard, their connection wires stick through holes in the perfboard. "On the back", these component wires are soldered to the copper-traces. But perhaps I do not understand your question.

Here is a build description for a SHO on perfboard:
http://www.newtone-online.nl/downloads/ ... ooster.pdf
Perhaps the pictures will explain how it works. Sorry but the text is in Dutch...

jonahstepro
Information

Post by jonahstepro »

that web site is exactly what i needed. i have seen quite a few pictures of the component side of the perf board, but i didnt understand where to soder. thanks