Big 'Mojo Components Debunking' thread

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
drmathprog
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by drmathprog »

If electrons are really so picky about which direction they prefer to travel, what's to prevent them from all deciding to move side-to-side rather than end-to-end? In that case, current would be flowing like crazy, but none would be entering or exiting either end of the wire. That would be a serious problem! :D

seniorLoco
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by seniorLoco »

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it saved the mice, who ate the cheese."

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

:lol: I think I have to go change my underwear now! :lol:
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

NickS
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by NickS »

Electronics Weekly 21 November 2007 wrote:"Researchers at the University of Salford and Wrexham-based ClarityCap have got to the bottom of an audio mystery - why some capacitors sound better than others that are electrically "identical"..
..Research head Paul Dodds told EW "We found that mechanical resonances in capacitors do affect sound quality". Sponsored jointly by the DTI and ClarityCap in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership, Dodds was employed from the University for two years to relate previously undefined audio qualities to measurable quantities in loudspeaker cross-over capacitors..."
Full article here. Of course, it's a god-send for the marketing people ;)

R.G.
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by R.G. »

NickS wrote:
Electronics Weekly 21 November 2007 wrote:"Researchers at the University of Salford and Wrexham-based ClarityCap have got to the bottom of an audio mystery - why some capacitors sound better than others that are electrically "identical"..
..Research head Paul Dodds told EW "We found that mechanical resonances in capacitors do affect sound quality". Sponsored jointly by the DTI and ClarityCap in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership, Dodds was employed from the University for two years to relate previously undefined audio qualities to measurable quantities in loudspeaker cross-over capacitors..."
Full article here. Of course, it's a god-send for the marketing people ;)
It'll be very interesting to see if the work can be duplicated. Notice that Clarity Cap sponsored the research.