Opamp suggestion for Fulltone Plimsoul

All frequent questions about ICs of all kinds, will be stored here.
777seven777
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey Classic
Completed builds: Clone of various overdrive

Post by 777seven777 »

My son managed to destroy my Plimsoul, I have now idea how he did it, but he actually burned a few components in it. I have repaired it so it is working now, but my problem is that he burned the IC, and the folks at Fulltone have grinded of the part number so I don’t know what IC they are using. I have tried a few standards but they have way to high gain for this pedal, I have tried JRC 4558, TL072.
Any idea what part to search for? I have installed a socket so I can easily swap.
//sven

blackbunny
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Blackface
Completed builds: Lots of mods to lots of pedals

Post by blackbunny »

Have you seen this https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... 8&start=20 topic?

Check your component values against the 2nd schematic and the DOUBLE STAGE project.

TL072, 4558 and most common dual op amps should work fine, if the rest of the circuit is working properly.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Pretty much any dual op-amp IC with same pinouts as the JRC4558D should work, check to make sure the gain control pot is okay and working cause that might have gotten damaged..... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.