Substitute SAD1024 for MN3007

All frequent questions about ICs of all kinds, will be stored here.
PmCimini
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by PmCimini »

Hi there,

As I can't find SAD1024 IC's anywhere, and when I find them, they are really expensive, and also due to their nature of failing after a certain time, I wanted to know if there is an easy way to put a MN3007 on the place of any SAD1024.
Well, I have seen people substitute it a couple of times (an old Electro Harmonix Small Clone schem, if I am not wrong, and the folks at Moosapotamus, on their A/DA Flanger), but I wanted to know if there are any other circuit changes necessary for proper operation than the ones described by those sources. I thought that the designers would make a circuit based on the IC's different responses, but I am not sure about that. Some people say that the SAD1024 sounds way better in a flanger, but I heard some pretty good comments about the MN3007 A/DA Flanger. Anyhow, what changes do I need to make in order to substitute those IC's?

cpm
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by cpm »

Well, I have seen people substitute it a couple of times (an old Electro Harmonix Small Clone schem, if I am not wrong, and the folks at Moosapotamus, on their A/DA Flanger),
theres a lot of information on those, read all the related therads at diystompboxes where you will find all the answers. A fair level of understanding on how these chips work is recommended too, so have a look at the datasheets too. SAD1024 datasheet is a very interesting reading.