OUTPUT JACK SUCKING UP THE TONE

Frequent questions about dead or faulty pedals. Whether you repair, mod or build pedals, debugging is important. Threads about general debugging problems irrespective of the circuit involved...

Re: OUTPUT JACK SUCKING UP THE TONE

Postby Hides-His-Eyes » 20 Oct 2010, 08:46

So you used an audio probe and found your problem was between the output and the output jack?
Testing, testing, won too fwee
Hides-His-Eyes
Tube Twister

Have thanks: 84 times

Re: OUTPUT JACK SUCKING UP THE TONE

Postby DrNomis » 21 Oct 2010, 15:14

wireconnect wrote:hello people...

i build the zombie but with i plug it and use ..the the output of the zombie became muddy..,its sounds like you have a treble knob putting it to zero..,its not clear...its muddy.. then i found out the problem is in the output jack...

Why is it that output jack behaves like that?? normally...jacks do not behave like that based on my other d.i.y..any body here knows this kind of problem??? tell me why?? :scratch:

thank you

Possibly a capacitive coupling effect to ground,but that would require at least say 1 nano farads,but then maybe the output impedance is being loaded down by something inside the output socket,have you tried measuring from the tip connection to ground using a multimeter?,when not wired up to anything,there should be an open-circuit between the output socket's tip connection and ground,if you get something like 10k or less,that can load down the output a bit,causing the loss of treble you are experiencing.... :)

I think your faulty output socket is causing a partial-short to ground.... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.
DrNomis
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 386 times

Return to Debugging