Powering up issue

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
makispoll
Information

Post by makispoll »

Hey guys I have built an OCD clone with a super hard on together in one pedal for a friend. The pedal works great powered up by either a battery or a 1-spot in the UK where I live. Last week I come back home in Greece and gave it to my friend and noticed a buzzy-constant sound when being powered by his boss adaptor. We also tried it with another no-name adapter without solving the problem. The pedal still works ok with a battery. We also tried out the pedal in three differnet buildings but in vein. The noise is louder when the boost section is enabled. Any idea why this is happeing??? Is it something related with the UK vs. Greece power network??? I have to admit that I have no amp in the UK and tried the pedal in amplitube fender software but I supose it won't make any difference. The wiring diagram that I used is attached...

Thanks,
Makis
Attachments
switch_lo_3pdt_ig_dcjack.gif

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »