SI and GE Tonebender MKII with Momentary feedback footswitch

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
noiseuoh
Information

Post by noiseuoh »

So, my problem is that i've built a SI MKII and a GE MKII in one box with one footswitch to turn it on. you select between the SI and GE sides by flipping a DPDT between the inputs and outputs of the two separate boards. i used dual pots
What i want to do is add a momentary DPDT footswitch as a feedback loop.
my problem is i dont know how the hell to wire it.
should i take the output and input wires from footswitch (meaning the ones that normally run to the circuit board but in this case to the SI/GE DPDT) and first run them to the feedback switch then from the feedback switch to the SI/GE switch?
or what? should i use the input/output jack wires to wire the feedback loop?
all my wiring experiments for the feedback switch have basically cut the volume off in both the SI and GE sides. with the volume maxed i can get some kind of screetching but at a ridiculously low volume.
any help is greatly appreciated. thanks a lot

noiseuoh
Information

Post by noiseuoh »

ok, so i get some kind of feedback sound using this
http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/Fuz ... ods_V2.gif
as a guide. but the volume is ridiculously low.
is there anyway to change this? is it because i just quickly hooked up a 20k lin pot? ill throw a 1m in later.
and thanks to anyone who helps

noiseuoh
Information

Post by noiseuoh »

well pot value changing doesnt make any difference.
anyone have any experience wiring a feedback footswitch to either a GE tonebender or silicon?