TS808 works with battery not with AC adapter

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Dave Simpson
Information

Post by Dave Simpson »

I have a TS808 re-issue that will work with a battery but nothing when using an AC adapter. :cry: What should I check first? The diode in the power section? If someone can give me some tips to try I'd appreciate it.

alteredsounds
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alteredsounds »

I'd stick your meter across 1st the adapter and make sure its 9v and correct polarity and working, 2nd have a look at the socket in the pedal, see if you can get a 9v reading across where it goes to the board, maybe the socket is broke? If it works from a battery there is no reason why a correct polarity 9v dc adapter wont work.

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

check the adaptor - AND - does it have the right size dc socket plug on it ???
If it has a larger hole in the centre of the plug it will not make contact with the pin - should be 2.1mmm plug!!!
If the battery works then the pedal socket is okay :wink:
bajaman

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

but nothing when using an AC adapter.
If it is an AC adaptor - it will not work. You need a DC adaptor with a negative centre 2.1mm female socket plug on the end ( preferably 9v DC regulated too)

Dave Simpson
Information

Post by Dave Simpson »

I went over the solder points under the power jack and it works. Must have been a bad solder point from the factory. :D

Thanks for the replies anyway. :wink: Should have checker that first. :oops: