Newbie Boss HM-2

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Marc911
Information

Post by Marc911 »

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some pointers. My HM-2 pedal is acting up. The pedal is used with a 9V battery. When you switch it on, the led lights up and the pedal sounds as always. After 20-30 minutes the led starts to dim and eventually is no longer visible. As this happens the sound of the pedal also changes. When I unplug the pedal and wait for 20 minutes or so, the led is bright red again and the sound is also OK. Then, after 20-30 minutes, etc, etc.
Does anyone know what can cause this to happen? I'm a NOOB at this, but willing to learn..

Grtz.

Marco

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Marc911 wrote:Hi,

I hope someone can give me some pointers. My HM-2 pedal is acting up. The pedal is used with a 9V battery. When you switch it on, the led lights up and the pedal sounds as always. After 20-30 minutes the led starts to dim and eventually is no longer visible. As this happens the sound of the pedal also changes. When I unplug the pedal and wait for 20 minutes or so, the led is bright red again and the sound is also OK. Then, after 20-30 minutes, etc, etc.
Does anyone know what can cause this to happen? I'm a NOOB at this, but willing to learn..

Grtz.

Marco
how about replacing the battery first?
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Marc911
Information

Post by Marc911 »

That would be to simple :wink:. No, battery is new. Steady 9V.