Mastotron - Need help debugging.

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
schizoidman
Information

Post by schizoidman »

Hey,

I've built a mastotron clone, and it's not working. When i turn it on, no sound at all.
I used this layout:

To try to debug this pedal I assembled an audio probe with a 100nf cap from wima and started from the input towards the output to find out where the sound stops in the audio path. I stopped getting signal trough at the first transistor in the chain. I'm not sure what can this be.
Could some give me some hints on how to solve this?

I've done a bit of improvisation on this layout, because one of the caps that I used was a bit bigger than the required. So i used an other piece of vero for the components that would not fit the main board, and routed the circuit accordingly. I'm pretty confident that the modifications I did are correct, and that the failure is due to other problem. With the audio probe I stop getting sound before the point where I made that adaptation. Nevertheless I tought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Check for Q1's pinout.

Check Q1.

Check your 9V, and voltages at collectors.
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.