Debugging DrunkenDragon

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
FloydFan
Information

Post by FloydFan »

Hi !
I built the burst version based on madbean's layout . The pedal sounds great but I get a rather loud cycling noise (something like "prprprpr" in the likes of a diesel generator) when the fx is on . Its volume increases when i roll back to 0 the volume pot on the guitar and it's influenced accordingly by the pots (level , gain and glass)
I checked all the solders and remade them just in case... I also swapped all the electro caps and a couple of resistors ... and removed the 47pf in the feedback loop but nothing has changed so far .
The box is the classic 1590B with non isolated jacks and ext. mount nut dc jack ...

What is causing such problems ?

PS. The IC I used is an mc1458P which i lately swapped for a tl072 but the "prprprpr" in the background became a wistle
All in all its just another brick in the wall

FloydFan
Information

Post by FloydFan »

As I remove the input jack (pedal is on and powered) the "engine" in the background becomes a loud wistle :?
All in all its just another brick in the wall