Layout check

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Tall Steve
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg SVT
Completed builds: Tonefiend Fiendmaster, Vibro-Champ Amp, Ross Phaser, BB Preamp, ProCo Rat

Post by Tall Steve »

Would any of you mind taking a second look at my BB Preamp layout? It's my first attempt at rolling my own. Only mods are diodes w/ switch and smoothing cap between pins 1 and 2.

Schem: Image
Free your mind...and your ass will follow. - George Clinton

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

2N5088 pinout is reversed. I'll have a closer look when i'm not on my phone. I'd also advise using black traces for ground, which is pretty standard and makes checking easier and quicker since it's what people are used to seeing.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Tall Steve
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg SVT
Completed builds: Tonefiend Fiendmaster, Vibro-Champ Amp, Ross Phaser, BB Preamp, ProCo Rat

Post by Tall Steve »

Cool, thanks. I put this up on Reddit, too. This is the revised layout. The 5088s are still backwards though :oops: .

Free your mind...and your ass will follow. - George Clinton