My Pitch Pirate is pirating my pitch

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
ElSpeakoDelSpanisho
Information

Post by ElSpeakoDelSpanisho »

I've double, triple checked for solder/flux bridges between the traces. Still no sound when engaged, only my clean tone when bypassed. The 5mm LED on the board doesn't light up at all when turned on, but the PT2399 gets a bit hot to the touch. That's it. I have no IC voltage ratings since I don't really care about this pedal a lot, but if someone wants them I can go measure it.

Here's a link to the photo album. The voltage regulator in the pictures is NOT the one in there currently; it's now a 78L05, with the traditional transistor shape to it.

https://imgur.com/a/ajkX4

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Have you tried using an audio probe to trace out the signal path to see where you're losing signal?...... :hmmm:
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

ElSpeakoDelSpanisho
Information

Post by ElSpeakoDelSpanisho »

Wow, I totally forgot I even made this thread. I just remembered five minutes ago.

I haven't probed it yet, I'll try when I have time.