Foxrox Wah Buffer (custom build)

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
marjodp
Information

Post by marjodp »

Hello,

I have built Foxrox Wah Buffer using this schematic:
Adaptador.jpg
Here is my build's layout:
foxrox wah buffer (components).png
foxrox wah buffer.png

When I first connected a battery it didn't work and instead of guitar sound there was some noise coming from a speaker. If a fuzz face was disabled there was no sound at all. After that I replaced all electrolytic caps with better ones (I thought they were faulty because of some reason). After that I connected the battery again and it worked perfectly, but after nearly 30 seconds it stopped working again. Now I think that if I'll replace those electrolytic caps it will work again, for few seconds, but I still don't know what is a reason of such behavior.

I think I have some mistake in my layout, so can anyone please look at my layout and say what's wrong with it?

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

The layout matches the posted schematic (haven't checked the resistors' codes though)

Post some hi-res pics of your actual build if you can, both sides

marjodp
Information

Post by marjodp »

Intripped wrote:The layout matches the posted schematic (haven't checked the resistors' codes though)

Intripped wrote:The layout matches the posted schematic (haven't checked the resistors' codes though)

Thanks for help.

Today I soldered new caps again and at first power on it worked again (not for 30 seconds, but way much longer). After few hours I powered on it again and there was just the same noise in the speaker (instead of guitar sound). I tried to trace the audio signal using an audio probe and I discovered that there was noise or no signal at all on the wah buffer's input. After that I disconnected my guitar from a wah-wah pedal, connected it directly to the wah buffer and it worked. After that I connected my guitar to the wah pedal and the wah pedal's output to the wah buffer's output and it worked too. So for now the problem is solved and it was in my wah pedal's input. I never had such problem earlier with the wah pedal, so I couldn't imagine that kind of problem.

I'm sorry for opening the topic for such a little problem and for not using the audio probe before posting.