Reversed battery by accident in Aqua Puss - help needed

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
TB-AV
Information

Post by TB-AV »

I mis-wired a battery clip to power the AquaPuss build. I simply wired a plug to a 9v batt. and mistakenly put + on tip.

The board was complete with transistors and all other parts but no chips. I got a dead short and didn't notice it until the battery got quite hot.

So I finally figured out what I did and corrected the battery polarity. Problem is I still have a short and battery still gets hot.

Any idea which parts might have likely failed so I can narrow things down?

Thanks.

Oh, also I have checked and rechecked several times for mis-wiring, stray solder, incorrect polarity of caps, diodes, etc. All lots correct and clean.

TB

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

If the battery short outside the circuit (in the clip), then no parts should have burn...

Desolder the clip, and check for any short between the two tracks (+9V and GND) with a multimeter. By the way, check your battery clip for shots too...

Let us know!
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

TB-AV
Information

Post by TB-AV »

Thanks, I got it taken care of. the only part to get damaged was a diode(D2). It's up and running now.

TB