Pinnacle problem

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
marcelosaguiar
Information

Post by marcelosaguiar »

I have ridden this pedal but unfortunately it really sizzles! and the more you give the resistor R3 sustains more than he loses. I have seen pictures of that pinnacle generally use trimpot someone has to provide a layout?? because it must have some prooblema.

lutor
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa
Completed builds: Catalinbread Hyper pak 2 , B K Butler 2, 3Legged dog, Soldano Supercharger GTO Jfet, MXR Phase 90, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Bartolini NTMB3, Fulltone Bassdrive 2, Gruntbox,MM Stingray Bass preamp,Emma ReezaFratZitz, Jumbo Tonebender, Freya Slo 100 Emulator, Dr. Boogie Emulator, Insanity Box, Fulltone OCD, Fuzz Face Germanium, Fuzz Face Silicium,Crunch Burnig DSM, Ross Compressor, Nurse Quaky, Purple plexi 800, EH Pulsar.

Post by lutor »

In these last days I have made many tests on this plan. They are finally successful to stabilize FX and to find the just compromise for optimization with use of jfet J201. Nothing buzz, nothing hiss, nothing oscillations and feedback, only great sound.
Attachments
Pinnacle Evolution.gif

marcelosaguiar
Information

Post by marcelosaguiar »

Lutor, put the pcb mount ok for us?

lutor
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: Catalinbread Hyper pak 2 , B K Butler 2, 3Legged dog, Soldano Supercharger GTO Jfet, MXR Phase 90, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Bartolini NTMB3, Fulltone Bassdrive 2, Gruntbox,MM Stingray Bass preamp,Emma ReezaFratZitz, Jumbo Tonebender, Freya Slo 100 Emulator, Dr. Boogie Emulator, Insanity Box, Fulltone OCD, Fuzz Face Germanium, Fuzz Face Silicium,Crunch Burnig DSM, Ross Compressor, Nurse Quaky, Purple plexi 800, EH Pulsar.

Post by lutor »

For my constructions use only perfboard. I add the layout that I have used:
Attachments
Pinnacle Evolution perf.jpg

lutor
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lutor »

pinnacle evo final.jpg
I made some modification in any value of component.Now the sound is better, more round and fat and less acid.
Thanks for your attention and good job.
Here the layout with the new values.

kos_walker
Information

Post by kos_walker »

lutor wrote:
pinnacle evo final.jpg
I made some modification in any value of component.Now the sound is better, more round and fat and less acid.
Thanks for your attention and good job.
Here the layout with the new values.
Please, Lutor, make an audio recording.