BlackFace A135 Preamp

All about tubes, in amplifiers and in stompboxes.

BlackFace A135 Preamp

Postby ezugaru » 26 Mar 2012, 18:20

Hi guys, I've been here for a while, reading, and reading, and reading, and giving opinion some times, since I don't hink I can give the right answer some times.

Well, I am a bass player, and Iove the old sound of the bassman amps (blackface), so I wanna built a 2 channel blackface preamp. This is the schematic I choose:

bass135.jpg

Here are my first concerns:

1.- Is there any problem if I just want to use inputs 1 & 3? I want two channel 'cause I think that a 2nd channel with cranked controls will drive the signal and give it a bit of vintage dirt.

2.- And the MOST IMPORTANT, How to feed that circuit segment, I'm very confused trying to understand how the Transformer deliver the voltage there since I see many connections from the transformer, I need that original transformer or may I use something different??? I've see the GTFO feeding drive tubes with a digital PSU. >.<

3.- Is there any way to use a switching method that allow (CHAN A or CHAN B) and (CHAN A and CHAN B)???

I hope I dont bother You too much with this, thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You are not dumb if you are a good person, is just that dumb people don't recognize the good things.
ezugaru
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 4 times

Return to Tube Technology