Way Huge Green Rhino, MKI Schematic?

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
pmkipp
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by pmkipp »

Anyone? Have one in the shop, and when the tone control is turned all the way clockwise (to treble) the signal diminishes and gets a little freaky. Has to warm up for this effect to happen.
Pete's Pedals
St Louis, MO

Frank_NH
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Frank_NH »

I would think it would be similar to a standard tube screamer, but you can check the schematic for Mk2, which is posted at a thread here at FSB.

Could you trace the circuit? I would be interested to see what mojo Mk1 had versus Mk2. I've owned a Mk4, and it had a switch which allowed you to choose between the Mk1 or the "modern" version (with the extra tone controls). Overall, not a bad tube screamer, but I ultimately sold it as it wasn't that much better than other alternatives.

pmkipp
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by pmkipp »

Thanks. It is an exact copy of a standard TS-9 Tubescreamer circuit, with different OpAmp and transistors. Otherwise, all the values are the same except for the Tone pot, which is 25k instead of 20k. The MKII is completely different.
Pete's Pedals
St Louis, MO

Frank_NH
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Frank_NH »

Thanks for the information. I'm currently loving the Carvin T0-2 overdrive that I recently fixed (bought as a dead pedal from eBay), which is just a straight up clone of the Boss SD-1. It's tone is smooth in a way my other TS clones aren't - maybe it's the old JRC4558D op amp? :D