MI Audio - Tube Zone 6-Knob Version [Schematic]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Sweetalk
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Sweetalk »

rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:
bucksears wrote:Finished up wiring my clone as close as possible to the real one and there's still something missing. The only thing seems remotely significant is that the real one uses polarized tantalum caps for the .1uF's and I'm using regular polyester (Cornell-Dubelier).
Mine is noisier, but the big difference is that the drive has a bit of a fuzzier sound rather than the tighter overdrive on the original. Almost has that 'splatty'/gated sound when I roll back the gain to around 50-75%. It sounds better with the gain maxed, but not as good as the original.

Do the transistors do much in this circuit? I measured the voltage and it seems like the clone is taking in slightly higher readings than the original.
Mmmm check you build a little more, I made several units and all sounded the same as the original, on low and high gain settings.
which schema are you using? please share

Mmmmm arrhh.... first post of the topic....

rcustoms
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by rcustoms »

Sweetalk wrote:
rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:
bucksears wrote:Finished up wiring my clone as close as possible to the real one and there's still something missing. The only thing seems remotely significant is that the real one uses polarized tantalum caps for the .1uF's and I'm using regular polyester (Cornell-Dubelier).
Mine is noisier, but the big difference is that the drive has a bit of a fuzzier sound rather than the tighter overdrive on the original. Almost has that 'splatty'/gated sound when I roll back the gain to around 50-75%. It sounds better with the gain maxed, but not as good as the original.

Do the transistors do much in this circuit? I measured the voltage and it seems like the clone is taking in slightly higher readings than the original.
Mmmm check you build a little more, I made several units and all sounded the same as the original, on low and high gain settings.

i dont know what do you mean :oops: i am only verify if there are mods or other versions.this is my work https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... 20#p145718
http://www.rcustomspedals.blogspot.com
guitars,pedals and amps.
@zuleta.rafael(Instagram)

Sweetalk
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Sweetalk »

rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:
rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:

i dont know what do you mean :oops: i am only verify if there are mods or other versions.this is my work https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... 20#p145718
You asked about the schematic that I used and I posted on the first post of the topic.

rcustoms
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by rcustoms »

Sweetalk wrote:
rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:
rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:

You asked about the schematic that I used and I posted on the first post of the topic.
thank you very much,I did the layout but never finished the project , if you say it works well ,i will finish one and share my experience with all fsb
regards
rcustom
guitars,pedals and amps.

gurishka
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by gurishka »

michael_ibrahim wrote:You guys are the best! I can't wait to build one :applause:

So how long do you think is it going to take for Joyo to clone one based on your schematics?

I'm guessing you guys know that michael_ibrahim is the genius behind MI Audio and MI Amplification.... or am I just being a douche for bringing it up?!

Sweetalk
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Sweetalk »

gurishka wrote:
michael_ibrahim wrote:You guys are the best! I can't wait to build one :applause:

So how long do you think is it going to take for Joyo to clone one based on your schematics?

I'm guessing you guys know that michael_ibrahim is the genius behind MI Audio and MI Amplification.... or am I just being a douche for bringing it up?!
Yeah, we know him...

fretzburner
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by fretzburner »

Additional guts from my friend Ron, maybe can help some small differences.

upload pics
upload
photo storage

This is version 4

grrrunge
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Loads!

Post by grrrunge »

Am i the only one thinking those WIMA box caps look dead sexy!?
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk

johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

I drew up a vero for the 6 knob Tube Zone using the first schematic posted, but made the correction for the last transistor's output. I built it up and it sounds awesome with a bass.
if you use low enough profile 100u caps (like I did), even with the stacked A50K drive pot, it'll easily fit in a 1590B.

here's the vero:

and here's a pic of my built and tested board:

johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

done! and it sounds great. thanks for posting the schematic!

bucksears
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by bucksears »

Damn! You got that in a B enclosure!
That's it. I'm building one that small.

johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

yep. it fit in there easily.

michael_ibrahim
Information

Post by michael_ibrahim »

Well done. Looks great. I'm thinking of putting the old girl back into production. I do miss the old Tubey

Sweetalk
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Sweetalk »

michael_ibrahim wrote:Well done. Looks great. I'm thinking of putting the old girl back into production. I do miss the old Tubey
It's a really nice pedal!

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Hey Michael, now you've discontinued it what's the chances of you sharing the Blue Boy Deluxe schematic? :mrgreen:
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

ballfire
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ballfire »

rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:

what schematic you used?? i tested it in breadboard but it squels on high gain setting..any mods to eliminate the squelling??

rcustoms
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by rcustoms »

ballfire wrote:
rcustoms wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:

what schematic you used?? i tested it in breadboard but it squels on high gain setting..any mods to eliminate the squelling??

page 2
guitars,pedals and amps.

ballfire
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ballfire »

good day everybody..

my clone tube zone still squeelling when i turned up the gain to 12..what is the problem on it i check all the parts theres no problem..
what cause this squeeling??

any advice??