Wampler Pedals - Triple Wreck  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Re: Wampler Pedals - Triple Wreck

Postby Ichabod_Crane » 29 Mar 2017, 08:31

The boost pre or post depends by your intentions od sound. The boost in the original project is before the main circuit and it gives a sort uf fuzziness. I read that the original boost is not so good after the distortion.
I have to try my MXR Micro Amp clone pre and post the main circuit of the Triple Wreck.
Ichabod_Crane

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Ichabod_Crane » 12 Apr 2017, 10:35

I tried the MXR Micro Amp before and after the Triple Wreck. It works really great!
It encreases the gain without changing the tone or adding hum if it is before the TW, and it can add a lot of volume if it is after the TW.
If somebody wants to replace the original booster of the Triple Wreck with a real gain booster the Micro Amp works perfectly.
Maybe changing the gain pot of the Micro Amp with a 250k, 100k or 50k reverse log to get a better taper.
Ichabod_Crane

Postby temol » 13 May 2017, 18:15

Hello to all.

I have a question about TW. What is the accetptable noise level with gain potentiometer set to maximum? I have completed TW clone and there is almost no noise from zero gain position (7 o'clock) to 12 o'clock. Then it gets noisier, with noticeable noise from 15 o'clock.

T.
temol

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Ichabod_Crane » 28 May 2017, 18:28

I found the TW not so noisy... we have to remember it's a distortion pedal.
Anyway, you can add the noise gate of the Tight Metal, you can use a simple switch or a pot to set the right value for you.
I still didn't try it, but someone else yes.
Ichabod_Crane

Postby bamslam69 » 29 May 2017, 04:21

I have my triple wreck 1590BB enclosure ready to shove all the guts in.
It's going to be a tight squeeze.
More to come.
bamslam69

Postby ryechua » 12 Jun 2017, 08:22

bamslam69 wrote:Mine's been on the test board for months - a big case of procrastination. Plugged it in last night and it sounds epic. just have to scroll through this thread to work out where to put the boost. (pre or post)
Currently getting the design ready to etch the enclosure. Hopefully it turns out.

the boost goes in front and it is supposed to push the pedal into "fuzz" territory when the boost contour is maxed. i made a "mistake" when i first wired it, putting the boost at the end. it will make the pedal twice (or maybe more) as loud when you engage the boost.
ryechua

Postby bamslam69 » 19 Jun 2017, 13:59

Finished it a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting on some smaller diameter aluminium knobs from ebay.
My etching skills need some vast improvement too, but damn this thing sounds epic!

Thanks for the help, everyone!
completed pedal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bamslam69

Previous

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...