Lovepedal - Tchula  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby indyguitarist » 04 Jan 2008, 19:17

Gotta give props to Sean for this one, sounds great!
http://www.lovepedal.com/tchula.htm

Probably just a fuzzy face but whoever is playing has got chops and can cop that EJ tone like a mug!

bw
indyguitarist
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 03:25
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 158 times

Postby prehistoric » 04 Jan 2008, 19:50

yeah, i forget the guy's name, not sure if it's the one he used three or four years ago, but sean has always been really good at making sure his clip use excellent player(s)

i used to cringe at some of the clips of my stuff that people would put up or send me, i was hoping potential customers would not hear them....

(some of them were the 'glitterati' of the gittAR forum world, oops)
prehistoric
Solder Soldier
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 10 Dec 2007, 20:48
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 9 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby Greg » 05 Jan 2008, 00:06

indyguitarist wrote:Gotta give props to Sean for this one, sounds great!
http://www.lovepedal.com/tchula.htm

Probably just a fuzzy face but whoever is playing has got chops and can cop that EJ tone like a mug!

bw


Yeah, except that's not the Tchula.
The Tchula was hyped, but no orders ever taken, no clips, never made.
Sean has a habit of putting different things under old links on his website.
He's also known to use old clips for new pedals.
Last edited by Greg on 05 Jan 2008, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Greg
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 3319
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 10:35
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 77 times
Have thanks: 195 times

Postby Teahead » 05 Jan 2008, 00:15

prehistoric wrote: ... i used to cringe at some of the clips of my stuff that people would put up or send me, i was hoping potential customers would not hear them....

(some of them were the 'glitterati' of the gittAR forum world, oops)


You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your customers. :wink: :lol:
Teahead
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 23:31
Location: Emerald Isle
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby indyguitarist » 05 Jan 2008, 01:13

Greg_G wrote:
indyguitarist wrote:Gotta give props to Sean for this one, sounds great!
http://www.lovepedal.com/tchula.htm

Probably just a fuzzy face but whoever is playing has got chops and can cop that EJ tone like a mug!

bw


Yeah, except that's not the Tchula.
The Tchula was hyped, but no orders ever taken, no clips, never made.
Sean has a habit of putting different things under old links on his website.
He's also known to use old clips for new pedals.


seriously? I would think Sean's customers would know though, and give him the what-for because of it? that's pretty misleading if true, though unless it was a mistake.
:)
indyguitarist
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 03:25
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 158 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby Marquis de Solder » 05 Jan 2008, 01:42

indyguitarist wrote:seriously? I would think Sean's customers would know though, and give him the what-for because of it? that's pretty misleading if true, though unless it was a mistake.
:)


I think most of Sean's customers recognize the old clips when they hear 'em and just think "oh that crazy Sean..." 8)

The "200 pounds of tone" Si Fuzz (and I also assume it's an FF) that's currently up on the Tchula page is apparently being sold for $100 US, which ain't bad as these things go - a BYOC kit is $80 these days...
Marquis de Solder
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 17:34
Location: In too deep
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Greg » 05 Jan 2008, 01:44

Brian
A lot of Sean's customers suffer from the "groupie" syndrome.
He can do no wrong in their eyes.
You know a lot of what happens in this industry :D

A while ago, Sean offered a pedal (the 50/50), POSTED A CLIP, took a list of names, and then had to admit that he couldn't build it.
So where did the clip come from ?
User avatar
Greg
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 3319
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 10:35
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 77 times
Have thanks: 195 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby Greg » 05 Jan 2008, 01:47

Marquis de Solder wrote:
indyguitarist wrote:seriously? I would think Sean's customers would know though, and give him the what-for because of it? that's pretty misleading if true, though unless it was a mistake.
:)


I think most of Sean's customers recognize the old clips when they hear 'em and just think "oh that crazy Sean..." 8)

The "200 pounds of tone" Si Fuzz (and I also assume it's an FF) that's currently up on the Tchula page is apparently being sold for $100 US, which ain't bad as these things go - a BYOC kit is $80 these days...


Sure, his previous customers would know, but a lot of new ones wouldn't. They expect that the clip they're hearing is the pedal they're paying for.

I agree that the 200 pounds sounds good and is good value, and I'm not trying to dump on Sean. Just saying some of the questionable things he does from time to time.
User avatar
Greg
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 3319
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 10:35
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 77 times
Have thanks: 195 times

Postby indyguitarist » 05 Jan 2008, 07:54

Greg_G wrote:Brian
A lot of Sean's customers suffer from the "groupie" syndrome.
He can do no wrong in their eyes.
You know a lot of what happens in this industry :D

A while ago, Sean offered a pedal (the 50/50), POSTED A CLIP, took a list of names, and then had to admit that he couldn't build it.
So where did the clip come from ?


really?!?

I never heard anything about that. If I did that though, I'd lose the trust of all my customers. That's crazy.
bw
indyguitarist
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 03:25
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 158 times

Postby Torchy » 05 Jan 2008, 15:06

What's the point of this thread ?
Torchy
 

Postby modman » 06 Jan 2008, 00:11

Torchy wrote:What's the point of this thread ?


I was going to ask the same question and said to myself: be nice and positive. However, this section is supposed to be about dissectiing pedals, not about raving how great it sounds or what a nice guy the builder is.

This is not TGP, I'm sorry. If there is no pedal, so the best thing I can do is:

a) move it to offtopic
b) move it to member section and retitle to 'Imaginary Boutique Pedals'
c) come back to your idea, Indyguitarist, to let an American moderate too, and create a new section entitled..... "Gearfreak Central", "TGP Refugees"

I am not joking --
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
User avatar
modman
a d m i n
 
Posts: 4298
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 17:57
Has thanked: 3107 times
Have thanks: 546 times

Postby Brian M » 06 Jan 2008, 08:18

Greg_G wrote:Brian
A lot of Sean's customers suffer from the "groupie" syndrome.
He can do no wrong in their eyes.
You know a lot of what happens in this industry :D

A while ago, Sean offered a pedal (the 50/50), POSTED A CLIP, took a list of names, and then had to admit that he couldn't build it.
So where did the clip come from ?


It could have been breadboard.

Most of the clips on my site are either off breadboard or off the first prototype.

I've actually done something similar before, where I have gotten something up and running, only to realize later it's more of a pain in the butt to build than I want to deal with.
Brian M
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 532
Joined: 10 Nov 2007, 09:37
Location: Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 53 times

Postby indyguitarist » 06 Jan 2008, 08:35

modman wrote:
Torchy wrote:What's the point of this thread ?


I was going to ask the same question and said to myself: be nice and positive. However, this section is supposed to be about dissectiing pedals, not about raving how great it sounds or what a nice guy the builder is.

This is not TGP, I'm sorry. If there is no pedal, so the best thing I can do is:

a) move it to offtopic
b) move it to member section and retitle to 'Imaginary Boutique Pedals'
c) come back to your idea, Indyguitarist, to let an American moderate too, and create a new section entitled..... "Gearfreak Central", "TGP Refugees"

I am not joking --


sorry, I'll try not to discuss guitar gear.
indyguitarist
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 03:25
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 158 times

Postby modman » 06 Jan 2008, 10:15

indyguitarist wrote:
modman wrote:
Torchy wrote:What's the point of this thread ?


I was going to ask the same question and said to myself: be nice and positive. However, this section is supposed to be about dissectiing pedals, not about raving how great it sounds or what a nice guy the builder is.

This is not TGP, I'm sorry. If there is no pedal, so the best thing I can do is:

a) move it to offtopic
b) move it to member section and retitle to 'Imaginary Boutique Pedals'
c) come back to your idea, Indyguitarist, to let an American moderate too, and create a new section entitled..... "Gearfreak Central", "TGP Refugees"

I am not joking --


sorry, I'll try not to discuss guitar gear.


Really Brian, I'm serious. I just got interrupted by a telephone call that lasted very very long. I understand TGP has a lot of rules lately, so if members want some non technical discussion, we could really do that , but in a separate folder. I'll mention this in that other thread too.
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
User avatar
modman
a d m i n
 
Posts: 4298
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 17:57
Has thanked: 3107 times
Have thanks: 546 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby mirosol » 01 Jun 2016, 20:14

So... No gutshots? :)
User avatar
mirosol
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 261
Joined: 11 Mar 2012, 17:15
Location: TKU, FI
Has thanked: 153 times
Have thanks: 357 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby bc108 » 28 Feb 2018, 03:09

bump! :roll:
bc108
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 04 May 2017, 16:39
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula  [traced]

Postby storyboardist » 03 Apr 2018, 18:26

Just a modified COT50 with a footswitch to select between different components coming off the emitter. Here's the schematic:

Image

Perf/PCB layout:

Image

And a vero layout for kicks:

Image

For this message the author storyboardist has received thanks: 2
Manfred (03 Apr 2018, 18:58), Nocentelli (03 Apr 2018, 21:19)
User avatar
storyboardist
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 01:08
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 62 times
Have thanks: 166 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby Nocentelli » 03 Apr 2018, 21:20

After all that.... it's an Electra.
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
User avatar
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 08:06
Location: Leeds, UK
Has thanked: 857 times
Have thanks: 836 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby teddeeh » 04 Apr 2018, 00:42

Well in the that pedal show ep with josh smith i think, he did say his tchula was 2 cots. 1 standard and the other set to his setting. Just before halfway. I dunno.

Link

10 mins in.
teddeeh
 
Posts: 48
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 22:54
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 6 times

Re: Lovepedal - Tchula

Postby Shango » 04 Apr 2018, 00:50

Nocentelli wrote:After all that.... it's an Electra.


Are we really surprised? :lol:
Shango
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 15 Aug 2016, 19:23
Has thanked: 8 times
Have thanks: 3 times

Next

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bluesaxe, Jan1966 and 6 guests