Dirt Transmitter flings the filth

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Dirt Transmitter flings the filth

Postby noelgrassy » 17 Feb 2008, 20:23

Hi gang, I found something a little more my speed in terms of deciphering. This new [& discontinued] "fuzzdriver" from the creative folks at EarthQuaker Devices sent me #3 and it's huge in my single ended amp. Sorry the layout was done by my cloven hand but it is accurate to the best of my knowledge. Please, enjoy and offer any hints to the diodes part #'s. I provided 3 that I could see, that may be enough to ring a few bells in the EE types' vast data storehouses. Pedal>Image
Layout drawing & parts values>Image
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office
noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby analogguru » 17 Feb 2008, 21:48

The Value of R6 is wrong, compare it with the color of R9...
R6 is not 1M, it is 100k.

and the shown wiring is a liitle bit questionable/confusing.... sadly not photo of the wiring.....

One missing connection between C5 and collector of Q2
the connection between r4/r5 on the side of point (5) seems to be wrong.

From the topology it is basically a fuzzface-derivate.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.
analogguru
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 113 times

Postby noelgrassy » 17 Feb 2008, 23:54

Yes, brn-blk-blk-orange=100+000. R4 connects w/ lead #5. R5 connects w/ collector then over to the bottom of C5 to top of C4 to base[?] of Q1. That stuff gets me a little muddled where as it just glares at you, eh AG? Thankyou for taking the time to look my work over. I really triple checked it this time but I missed some elements again. Now let me revise the crappy artwork if the above changes seem plausible. Would you entertain a picture of the wiring? I'll give it a shot and post the results. :wink:
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office
noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker

Postby analogguru » 18 Feb 2008, 00:18

I only miss the (correct) wiring (especially input = "dirt") to complete the schematic. Any info helpfull and apreciated.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.
analogguru
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 113 times

Postby paperhouse » 18 Feb 2008, 21:41

looks like a clean build and i love the graphics. not too expensive either. his hummingbird looks really nice too. it's a vox repeat percussion clone.
paperhouse
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby briggs » 20 Feb 2008, 12:19

Very nice noel! I like the sound of it. Did you manage to get those extra shots?

I am Klon.
briggs
Tube Twister

Have thanks: 121 times

Postby noelgrassy » 20 Feb 2008, 18:19

Yes Image
noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker

Re: Dirt Transmitter flings the filth

Postby alban.elfed » 12 Mar 2011, 07:18

please update diagram
alban.elfed

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby mpoirier313 » 07 Aug 2017, 16:11

Anybody got this schematic kicking around? I sold mine a while ago and I miss it terribly.
mpoirier313

Postby thehallofshields » 15 Sep 2017, 21:37

mpoirier313 wrote:Anybody got this schematic kicking around? I sold mine a while ago and I miss it terribly.

I can't believe this pedal is 10 years old already.

Did anyone save the images from this thread? This circuit can't be too hard to trace; 2 Transistor FF topology.
Those 5-band Blue Resistors are super hard to read from the images online though.
thehallofshields

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...