Emerson Custom Guitars E-M Drive.  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
mildew
Information

Post by mildew »

thanks for the info induction.

seems my stripboard emerson paramount will be equally useless as a wah output boost, if the pcb for the SHO is too big to fit the wah ill try building a stripboard one.

mildew
Information

Post by mildew »

built the stripboard sho, put in output of wah, increased wah input resister from 68 to 500k, wah now far less muddy and plenty loud :D

sliberty
Information

Post by sliberty »

I've been using 2N5088's in both my EM Drive and my Paramount. I tried an MPSA18 today, and it was gated and splatty, like some others have indicated. I tried a 2N3904 in my Paramount, and it was lower gain. I might like that in the EM drive since it has more gain due to the lack of the tone control. I have not tried it there yet. But in the Paramount, I preferred the 2N5088.

Anyone else still experimenting with different transistors?

sliberty
Information

Post by sliberty »

I've built both the EM Drive and the Paramount, and I am finding both pedals to be quite hissy. Would metal film resistors improve the noise floor? Both resistors, or is one of them more likely to be the culprit than the other? I don't have any metal films, so before I order, I want to get some opinions.

monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

2N5088 works for me. MPSA18 did not work at all.

I think I might add a 47 uF filter cap since I'm so averse to hiss and noise when I box it up.

Using Iviark mojo layout. PIO caps and all. I love those fukkin thangs.