Pigtronix - Fat Drive  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
ironman28
Information

Post by ironman28 »

4049 based OD. Very thick low end. Sounds best with SC pups

bc108
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: BE100

Post by bc108 »

Red Llama inspired?

LeadG
Information

Post by LeadG »

Has anyone traced this to make a schematic yet?I just bought one and plan on trying to make a schematic for this if i can.If there is anyone who would want to help me with any pointers on how to make a schematic i sure would appriciate the help.this will be my first attempt at making a schematic so i will probly take a long time to finish it.I have already traced some of the audio path to and thru U1 and half way through U2.

EmmG
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by EmmG »

May have similarities to the Polysaturator, also uses a 4049.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28665

PedalPCB
Information

Post by PedalPCB »

LeadG
Information

Post by LeadG »

Thank you very much for the schematic. I have a Tech21 American Woman pedal comming soon.Ill post up pics and request to see if anyone would want to try tracing it for a schematic.Soon as i get it i'll post the pics in a new thread.thank you again for your time and the schematic.

karter2000
Information

Post by karter2000 »

Sorry to dig up an old one, but I figured I would contribute seeing how I've got so much from FSB over the years.

I have a Bass Fat Drive that I bought a while back, and was planning to sell it but I figured I'd trace it out first:
Pigtronix Bass Fat Drive PCB.jpg
I measured all the caps and compared the resistor values to the schematic PedalPCB posted. The only differences that I could see is four caps, which look like the footprints were added to the PCB in addition to the guitar version caps.

C3B: 15n
C4B: 150n
C6B: 150n
C8B: 56n

Everything else, including the pots, diodes, IC's, etc look the same as the guitar version, with the exception of R9, which I think for both versions is 16k.