Lovetone - Meatball  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby LaceSensor » 06 Jan 2012, 03:10

I'll upload it tommorow no problem...
LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 13:01
Has thanked: 42 times
Have thanks: 242 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby gilmour_pugliese » 06 Jan 2012, 11:30

LaceSensor wrote:I'll upload it tommorow no problem...

thank you so much, I wanna use your text layout for the rotary switches... the last time I've used rotary switches, I've failed the text disposition on the graphics :slap:
gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 20:26
Location: Martina Franca, Italy
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 30 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby LaceSensor » 06 Jan 2012, 12:37

Hi

Feel free to use modify repost.
recommend you print a test page and made sure it aligns with your build.
FYI this was done in paint, and isnt a pro image, but it works for me....ymmv
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author LaceSensor has received thanks: 3
gilmour_pugliese (06 Jan 2012, 18:05), modman (18 Nov 2014, 00:02), pedalgrinder (08 Jan 2012, 13:43)
LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 13:01
Has thanked: 42 times
Have thanks: 242 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby gilmour_pugliese » 06 Jan 2012, 18:13

LaceSensor wrote:Hi

Feel free to use modify repost.
recommend you print a test page and made sure it aligns with your build.
FYI this was done in paint, and isnt a pro image, but it works for me....ymmv



:applause:

thank you!
gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 20:26
Location: Martina Franca, Italy
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 30 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby nightraven » 06 Jan 2012, 18:44

teej212 wrote:is there anyway to modify this to have cutoff frequency control?

pretty sure the Intens knob controls the cutoff frequency :thumbsup
nightraven
TGP Refugee
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 21 Jul 2009, 19:38
Location: UK
Has thanked: 14 times
Have thanks: 58 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby pedalgrinder » 08 Jan 2012, 13:47

Hi all,

I've built lots of different pedals and the building and electronics i've been fine with. My artwork on the pedals is usually not much better than a labelling machine. How do you guys get prints like that to either adhere to the boxes. Do you print them or do you print them directly to the paper or do you use paper that is sticky? What is the process that you use? I'd like to make my pedals look as good as some of the ones i've seen. I guess i've never sat there and worried if it has a pretty picture on it as long as thing works properly but i would like to start to get them to look better. Some of you guys do some amazing artwork on them it blows me away with some i see. Thanks
What's the best thing about fat chicks and scooters? There both fun to ride around until your mates find out!
User avatar
pedalgrinder
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 29 Aug 2011, 07:05
Location: South Australia Adelaide
Has thanked: 201 times
Have thanks: 149 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby teej212 » 08 Jan 2012, 20:38

nightraven wrote:
teej212 wrote:is there anyway to modify this to have cutoff frequency control?

pretty sure the Intens knob controls the cutoff frequency :thumbsup


intensity looks to me like a depth pot for the envelope LED
teej212
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 01:24
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 9 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby LaceSensor » 09 Jan 2012, 00:07

pedalgrinder wrote:Hi all,

I've built lots of different pedals and the building and electronics i've been fine with. My artwork on the pedals is usually not much better than a labelling machine. How do you guys get prints like that to either adhere to the boxes. Do you print them or do you print them directly to the paper or do you use paper that is sticky? What is the process that you use? I'd like to make my pedals look as good as some of the ones i've seen. I guess i've never sat there and worried if it has a pretty picture on it as long as thing works properly but i would like to start to get them to look better. Some of you guys do some amazing artwork on them it blows me away with some i see. Thanks


Self adhesive inkjet vinyl plus clear coat acrylic automotive spray

For this message the author LaceSensor has received thanks:
pedalgrinder (09 Jan 2012, 13:33)
LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 13:01
Has thanked: 42 times
Have thanks: 242 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby LaceSensor » 09 Jan 2012, 00:10

With the graphic I posted you need to spread out the rotary labels a touch, they arent 100% lined up

For this message the author LaceSensor has received thanks:
pedalgrinder (09 Jan 2012, 13:33)
LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 13:01
Has thanked: 42 times
Have thanks: 242 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby gilmour_pugliese » 17 Feb 2012, 18:01

Here's my pedal... Thanks to Taylor of musicpcb.com for the great project!

Image
Image
Image
Image


:popcorn:
gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 20:26
Location: Martina Franca, Italy
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 30 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby Nocentelli » 22 Jan 2013, 22:49

Finally plucked up the courage to attempt breadboarding this ridiculous circuit. After a small amount of frustration, it's working pretty well now. Hooray!

For anyone else who attempts this, a couple of things helped me get it going: First off, the attack and decay controls are highly interactive: The filter won't trigger unless they are set so the decay is shorter than attack (or vice versa - my pots have the wrong tapers and are wired backwards so it's confusing). I read it in the manual, and again elswhere online several times, but as I was testing it I kept forgetting this and assuming it wasn't working, until I found the trigger point again by twiddling those two knobs relative to each other. This is made much easier by my second tip, which is to definitely breadboard it with the sweep indicator LED that's paralleled with the LEDs in the vactrols: You get a clear visual indication of if, and how the vactrols are sweeping as you debug.

Thirdly, I was working off two very similar schematics - One which didn't have the colour pot lug 1 clearly connected to the output of the second opamp in the envelope section, and neither of which had the colour pot lugs 2+3 connected. This seems to be known as the "colour mod" online, but I'm convinced it's how the originals were done - Without it the colour pot does very little until the last quarter turn, which doesn't appear to be how it works in demo videos of the OG pedal. These titbits are buried in the "Building the Meatsphere" thread at DIYSB and scattered elsewhere across the internet, but I thought it might be handy to record them here.

For anyone who has already built it: What controls do you use the most and least? I'm going to box this up as a pretty straight clone for a bass-player friend, but I'm going to drop a few switches for a version for my own personal use. I only really like the lowest range setting caps, and might just have a high/low two-way switch for variety. I'm equally not that fussed with the high pass mode, though this probably personal taste. Also, I've only tested the bandwidth by physically swapping the caps a couple of times, settled on the lower 22n and left it be: Is it that useful?
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
User avatar
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 08:06
Location: Leeds, UK
Has thanked: 741 times
Have thanks: 738 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby gilmour_pugliese » 23 Jan 2013, 10:22

Nocentelli wrote:Thirdly, I was working off two very similar schematics - One which didn't have the colour pot lug 1 clearly connected to the output of the second opamp in the envelope section, and neither of which had the colour pot lugs 2+3 connected. This seems to be known as the "colour mod" online, but I'm convinced it's how the originals were done - Without it the colour pot does very little until the last quarter turn, which doesn't appear to be how it works in demo videos of the OG pedal. These titbits are buried in the "Building the Meatsphere" thread at DIYSB and scattered elsewhere across the internet, but I thought it might be handy to record them here.


Hi, it's possible to have a little scheme of this mod? I've built a Meatsphere a long time ago, but I'm never been satisfied with it :popcorn:
gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 20:26
Location: Martina Franca, Italy
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 30 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby ringworm » 23 Jan 2013, 10:48

Here is my copy of the schematic, the colour mod is circled in red.

Image

For this message the author ringworm has received thanks:
modman (18 Nov 2014, 00:03)
ringworm
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 17:36
Has thanked: 25 times
Have thanks: 75 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby gilmour_pugliese » 06 Nov 2014, 19:58

Hi, after a bad experience with my first Meatsphere (equipped with VTL5C3), I've bought a second PCB... This time I wanna use LDR+5mm diffuse green LEDs.
These LDRs are good or not?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/10PCS-LDR-Photoc ... 233d4e88d0

specs:
Model: GL5528
Maximum voltage (V-dc): 150
Maximum power consumption (mW): 100
Ambient temperature (° C): -30 --- +70
Spectral peak (nm): 540
[u]Light resistance (10Lux) (KΩ) :10-20
Dark Resistance (MΩ): 1
[/u]
100λ10: 0.6
Response Time (ms): rose: 20


thanks :mrgreen:
gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 20:26
Location: Martina Franca, Italy
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 30 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby Nocentelli » 06 Nov 2014, 20:03

I should think they'll be fine: I used some cheap ones from Tayda with similar specs and they work great.
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
User avatar
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 08:06
Location: Leeds, UK
Has thanked: 741 times
Have thanks: 738 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby gilmour_pugliese » 06 Nov 2014, 22:30

Nocentelli wrote:I should think they'll be fine: I used some cheap ones from Tayda with similar specs and they work great.


Thank you... Vactrols are fuck1ng expensive and not the best choice for this pedal :horsey:
gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 20:26
Location: Martina Franca, Italy
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 30 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby LaceSensor » 07 Nov 2014, 14:24

go 2M dark or more wiith green LEDs FTW
LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 13:01
Has thanked: 42 times
Have thanks: 242 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby gilmour_pugliese » 07 Nov 2014, 15:29

LaceSensor wrote:go 2M dark or more wiith green LEDs FTW


I've ordered the LDRs posted above, and now I'm searching some 2M dark... LDRs are pretty cheap, so the experimentation is really funny :applause:
gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 20:26
Location: Martina Franca, Italy
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 30 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby LaceSensor » 07 Nov 2014, 16:49

gilmour_pugliese wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:go 2M dark or more wiith green LEDs FTW


I've ordered the LDRs posted above, and now I'm searching some 2M dark... LDRs are pretty cheap, so the experimentation is really funny :applause:



socket them until you are happy; same with the LED choice.
LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 13:01
Has thanked: 42 times
Have thanks: 242 times

Re: Lovetone - Meatball

Postby Nocentelli » 19 Mar 2017, 00:40

Going to redo my meatclone so drew up the switching for toggles

meatswitches_nocentelli.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
User avatar
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 08:06
Location: Leeds, UK
Has thanked: 741 times
Have thanks: 738 times

Previous

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests