Seppuku FX Mind Warp

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Re: Seppuku FX Mind Warp

Postby digitalzombie » 24 Feb 2016, 23:40

DarrylC. wrote:ok, I got my hands on a mind warp and took a picture from every conceivable angle. I got a good shot of every resistor and every capacitor. I'll get to posting them tomorrow night when I get off work.

So whatever happen to this?

For this message the author digitalzombie has received thanks:
modman (28 Feb 2016, 16:30)
digitalzombie
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby tabbycat » 25 Mar 2016, 23:01

digitalzombie wrote:
DarrylC. wrote:ok, I got my hands on a mind warp and took a picture from every conceivable angle. I got a good shot of every resistor and every capacitor. I'll get to posting them tomorrow night when I get off work.

+1. get your pics out for the boys.
"be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h. lawrence).
"there is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion" (francis bacon).
"ni dieu ni maître" (anarchist slogan).
tabbycat
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 64 times

Postby grrrunge » 29 Mar 2016, 21:07

tabbycat wrote:
digitalzombie wrote:

+1. get your pics out for the boys.

Oh yes! I'm looking forward to seeing if this looks just as hack-sawed together as the Fuzz Overloader we traced last year :D :popcorn:
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk
grrrunge
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 207 times

Postby tabbycat » 30 Mar 2016, 03:56

grrrunge wrote:Oh yes! I'm looking forward to seeing if this looks just as hack-sawed together as the Fuzz Overloader we traced last year :D :popcorn:

he's coming on in leaps and bounds now.

circuit-bent nux time core aka ic water:

http://postimg.org/image/upj8rqt3t/

http://postimg.org/image/fy12ve2cf/

yours for a mere $300 @ http://audioslime.net/products/bent-echo-1/

you're gonna need a bigger tub of popcorn...
"there is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion" (francis bacon).
tabbycat
Cap Cooler

Postby grrrunge » 30 Mar 2016, 09:17

:shock:
---
grrrunge
Diode Debunker

Postby teej212 » 01 Apr 2016, 04:20

tabbycat wrote:
grrrunge wrote:Oh yes! I'm looking forward to seeing if this looks just as hack-sawed together as the Fuzz Overloader we traced last year :D :popcorn:

he's coming on in leaps and bounds now.

circuit-bent nux time core aka ic water:

http://postimg.org/image/upj8rqt3t/

http://postimg.org/image/fy12ve2cf/

yours for a mere $300 @ http://audioslime.net/products/bent-echo-1/

you're gonna need a bigger tub of popcorn...

can you get more picture of that? 300 for a few wires and two pots? unreal...
teej212
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 9 times

Postby OH!STOMPBOX! » 02 Apr 2016, 00:08

:popcorn:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OH!STOMPBOX!

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby jrfox92 » 02 Apr 2016, 07:05

Are there any other pictures besides Ugly Casanova's?
jrfox92
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 52 times

Postby OH!STOMPBOX! » 02 Apr 2016, 21:03

jrfox92 wrote:Are there any other pictures besides Ugly Casanova's?

i don't have any. but i couldn't see the other ones so i posted the UC ones i had up to the forum.
OH!STOMPBOX!

Postby tabbycat » 03 Apr 2016, 02:26

i think the dearth of gut shots for any of the seppukus is down to the fact that a) there are so few of these anyway (kitchen table runs) and b) uc is the only owner out there lifting the lid to confront the horror of what lies within. actually i think ug posted some guts too, somewhere. uc and ug i like. and ug gives great demo.
maybe other owners can be located somewhere on a continuum with 'praying it doesn't break' at one end and 'in denial about how little they just blew $300 on' at the other.

as you are, i'm curious about the tech from the perspective of building pedals and what (if anything) i might learn from the circuits that i can reapply in different contexts to make interesting sounds (the whole point). but i'm not into the seppuku scene. i did try to source tech info and gutshots at ilf last year but that thread has long degenerated into an extended shopping expedition ('i got this, you got that, he got those' etc) and looks unlikely to recover. it's a scene.

if gutshots turn up, cool. if not, whatever. the drone, spacefuzz, overloader turned out to be mildly tweaked long-known things, the mind warp is unlikely to be dramatically different. so i'm curious but not fixated. too many pedals too little time.
tabbycat
Cap Cooler

Postby jrfox92 » 06 Apr 2016, 20:39

tabbycat wrote:

i think the dearth of gut shots for any of the seppukus is down to the fact that a) there are so few of these anyway (kitchen table runs) and b) uc is the only owner out there lifting the lid to confront the horror of what lies within. actually i think ug posted some guts too, somewhere. uc and ug i like. and ug gives great demo.
maybe other owners can be located somewhere on a continuum with 'praying it doesn't break' at one end and 'in denial about how little they just blew $300 on' at the other.

as you are, i'm curious about the tech from the perspective of building pedals and what (if anything) i might learn from the circuits that i can reapply in different contexts to make interesting sounds (the whole point). but i'm not into the seppuku scene. i did try to source tech info and gutshots at ilf last year but that thread has long degenerated into an extended shopping expedition ('i got this, you got that, he got those' etc) and looks unlikely to recover. it's a scene.

if gutshots turn up, cool. if not, whatever. the drone, spacefuzz, overloader turned out to be mildly tweaked long-known things, the mind warp is unlikely to be dramatically different. so i'm curious but not fixated. too many pedals too little time.

Yeah, I'm starting to learn that the only way to get gut shots of stuff like Seppuku or DBA is to buy it yourself, take more gut shots than the standard "I took three pictures which should be enough" guy and flip it for profit, if possible. :roll:
jrfox92
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 52 times

Postby grrrunge » 06 Apr 2016, 21:51

jrfox92 wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to learn that the only way to get gut shots of stuff like Seppuku or DBA is to buy it yourself, take more gut shots than the standard "I took three pictures which should be enough" guy and flip it for profit, if possible. :roll:

Yeah. The only issue with that procedure, is the fact that most of us here wouldn't touch their stuff with a 10ft stick, because we've already seen the guts of other stuff they build... :lol:
---
grrrunge
Diode Debunker

Postby OH!STOMPBOX! » 07 Apr 2016, 19:13

boy, i'll tell you, the last bits of this thread really make me want to bust out the camera again and take apart some pedals. :roll:
OH!STOMPBOX!

Postby tabbycat » 17 Apr 2016, 06:46

instruction sheet for mind warp. not a gutshot but clarifies purpose/function of controls, which may help narrow guessing as to remaining unknowns.

strucs.jpg
tabbycat
Cap Cooler

Postby lborl » 10 May 2019, 15:46

Hello! I can't remember where I orginally found them, but on the USB stick I use for wasting time at work I'd saved a handful more gutshots of someone's Mind Warp. Do they help at all?
Mind_Warp_Copy.jpg

Mind_Warp2_-_Copy.jpg

Mind_Warp3_Copy_Copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author lborl has received thanks:
Nocentelli (10 May 2019, 22:07)
lborl

Have thanks: 3 times

Previous

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...