D*A*M - Meathead  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Hexjibber
Information

Post by Hexjibber »

Nocentelli wrote: Modding your current board is possible, you could add the attack pot by cutting the trace from Q2 emitter to C6, removing R4, and replacing C6, but the extra blend pot will be tricky as there is nowhere on the pcb to mount the extra 1uF cap. I suspect it would be much simpler to use this as an opportunity to dive into the exciting world of veroboard construction using the layout at tagboardfx: It's really quite straightforward, and IvIark and mirosol provide lots of wonderful support.
Thanks for the reply, definitely given me lots of ideas to play around with! This seems as good a project as any to attempt with vero, perhaps I will take a leap! :)

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Meathead deluxe schem.bmp
Meathead deluxe schem.bmp (58.19 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
Hopefully correct this time :oops:
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

fuzzymuff
Information

Post by fuzzymuff »

phibes wrote:Damn, the resale just dived on that one....
Yup!! It's no longer a meathead pedal, it's a "bonehead" pedal. Why make such mod on an expensive, high reselling pedal? The pedal is so easy to make and to add any mods to make a clone to leave the orginal intact. :shock: :shock:

agoldoor
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by agoldoor »

Egads! Ditto that! WTF were you thinking monkeyxx? Put the drill down!!

jalmonsalmon
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by jalmonsalmon »

beedotman wrote:and one knobber
Question about the wiring on this Beedotman, or anyone...
That round power jack pic with the 2 red wires going in (positive LED, positive 9v)and red going to the vero board. then the black neg 9 volt and other black wire going to second ring of the input jack...
looks backwards to me from what I have seen when wiring a negative ground effect with a power jack... My question is... what is the square where the red wires are going into mean? is that the ground? Or, which one of those black wires going into the jack is ground since that would make sense... Hope I was clear to what I am asking LOL

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

You're quite right. There should be only one ground (centre pin on BOSS-style 2.1mm DC jacks) which is connected to battery negative and input ring lug: The input shield lug should be connected to board ground point, thus disconnecting the battery from the circuit when input is not connected. There should be two red wires, one connected to the outermost lug (furthest from the centre pin on the DC jacks I buy) is connected to board +9v, which is the positive power supply when a DC jack is inserted; The inner lug should be connected to the battery positive, which is connected to the other positive power lug when there is no DC jack, thus connecting the battery. This contact is broken when a DC jack is inserted, so you don't have adaptor power and battery power connected simultaneously. The LED should be connected to the outer positive lug.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

beedotman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by beedotman »

Yeah, You're propably right, I'm always confused with LED wiring :slap: , I'm usually not using them in fuzzes :P

turbonigro
Information

Post by turbonigro »

Here's my take on the dam meathead deluxe. I've swapped the input capacitors for bigger/ smaller ones for a filter with a wider sweep. Then i used some carbon comp resistors (1/4 W), ecc..

The result

beedotman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by beedotman »

New M-27 version which replaces Meathead Deluxe M-26.
Input blend between 4700pF and 1uF, 18K on Q1C and Q2B lowered to 12K and 15nF output cap instead 100nF.
Fuzz cap 10uF like in old mid tuned meats. Rest of has standard values. Transistors are BC337-16 as Q1 and BC109 as Q2 (sometimes in military CV1... versions).
Attachments
dam-meathead.jpg
dam-meathead.jpg (26.72 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
M-27_01.JPG
Meathead_M-27.JPG

jinx1499
Information

Post by jinx1499 »

Anybody seen one of these?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wZ4dYC-f7GU/U ... uzzo11.JPG

it's a sunmachine fuzz o)))
according to the website, it's a dark meathead with a few "minor changes"
I'm very curious to know what these minor changes are or more importantly, how to build one of these babies!

anybody have any ideas?

http://sunmachine-effects.blogspot.com/p/fuzz-o.html

punkrawkgeek82
Information

Post by punkrawkgeek82 »

jinx1499 wrote:Anybody seen one of these?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wZ4dYC-f7GU/U ... uzzo11.JPG

it's a sunmachine fuzz o)))
according to the website, it's a dark meathead with a few "minor changes"
I'm very curious to know what these minor changes are or more importantly, how to build one of these babies!

anybody have any ideas?

http://sunmachine-effects.blogspot.com/p/fuzz-o.html
Just wondering if anyone has ever got their hands on one of these... I would also love to check it out. Sounds good and gnarly!