purchased a few pedals and the covered in cement putty, help

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

can anyone help me get this concrete putty removed from these circuits they sound like garbage and were actually really pricey not to mention the shitty wiring job he did and also soldered resistors to the footswitch with no heat shrink or anything to make sure it holds up I'm really not impressed with his pedals and I have a feeling he's gone to such lengths because there probably borrowed circuits , either way, i just want to safely remove it and possibly mod the circuit to make it sound half-decent the boost pedal ill just sell as is because its ok I supposed but I couldn't sleep at night selling someone such a hunk of garbage for the price I would have to charge
Last edited by Belanger88 on 16 Jul 2016, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Belanger88 »

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

alexradium
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alexradium »

just looking at those 3.3M resistors on the switch makes me think of total BS,i'd strip the whole board and wires and throw it in the bin,start over with some nice circuit you can find in these pages.
Who's the genius,i'll stay away from this garbage?

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

alexradium wrote:just looking at those 3.3M resistors on the switch makes me think of total BS,i'd strip the whole board and wires and throw it in the bin,start over with some nice circuit you can find in these pages.
Who's the genius,i'll stay away from this garbage?
Those look like 330k 5% to me, orange, orange, yellow (33 + 4 zeros), gold = 5% tolerance.

+1 on staying away from this builder.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

theblackman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by theblackman »

here ya go buddy,

info in this thread

https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=351

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Belanger88 »

Metal Pedals. He actually has Johnny hilands signature od believe it or not. He is blind however so maybe he's just telling them there handwired works of art lol