Effectrode - Tube Vibe

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
gtrplaya101
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by gtrplaya101 »

do the bump... anyone? :horsey: :horsey:

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

gtrplaya101 wrote:do the bump... anyone? :horsey: :horsey:
Yes I have an early version of the Effectrode Tube Vibe...
It sounds supreme... I've compared it side by side to a Fulltone Deja, and also a Mojo Vibe.. and the Effectrode is in a class of it's own IMO.
It'll need some disassembly, but i'll take some shots if someone is willing to trace it.. (or a group effort ?)

I'm going overseas for a couple of weeks, but will get it done when I'm back... maybe drop me a PM to remind me ?
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

gtrplaya101
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by gtrplaya101 »

I am more than willing to trace it out if your willing to put it up for RE! A buddy of mine has one of these and it sounds terrific!!! I have wanted one ever since! It'll be a good brush up on my layout skills!

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Greg »

gtrplaya101 wrote:I am more than willing to trace it out if your willing to put it up for RE! A buddy of mine has one of these and it sounds terrific!!! I have wanted one ever since! It'll be a good brush up on my layout skills!
No problem.. we'll get it done.
I just don't have the time to trace it ATM.

gtrplaya101
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by gtrplaya101 »

No Prb, you want me to shoot you a PM in say 2 weeks to remind you?

gtrplaya101
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by gtrplaya101 »

Something to look forward to!

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Greg »

gtrplaya101 wrote:No Prb, you want me to shoot you a PM in say 2 weeks to remind you?
Sounds good

:thumbsup

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

Greg_G wrote:
gtrplaya101 wrote:No Prb, you want me to shoot you a PM in say 2 weeks to remind you?
Sounds good

:thumbsup
sounds too good :cry: :cry: :cry:

borislav

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

it is possible to use this baby as wah wah.....plug in pedal, and adjust internal switch......

hmmmmmm
nice nice..........and we are talking about that feedback again
:block:

boris

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Greg »

borislavgajic wrote:it is possible to use this baby as wah wah.....plug in pedal, and adjust internal switch......

hmmmmmm

boris
They say it has an auto wah feature.. but it had no effect for me.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Greg_G wrote:
borislavgajic wrote:it is possible to use this baby as wah wah.....plug in pedal, and adjust internal switch......

hmmmmmm

boris
:cry: :cry: :cry: :hug: can'twaittosee :)

b.

gtrplaya101
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by gtrplaya101 »

Greg_G wrote:

hmmmmmm

boris
A buddy of mine has one of these and he uses a wah pedal to control the speed I think it is. If this is what you are talking about then yeah it works great!

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

The dip switches essentially allow you to control the Tube-Vibe’s waveform (either Square or Triangle,) and also the pedal’s vibe-wah feature, which I was unfortunately unable to review as it requires the use of a passive volume pedal. The smoothed square voicing produces a rich, warm tone similar to the original Uni-Vibe (with accentuated peaks of sound,) while the smoothed triangle waveform produces a more subtle and uniform sweep.

Throw in the width trimmer and you have yet more control––by shortening the sweep you can reduce the “de-tuning” that occurs when using a heavy vibrato setting, or even control the “throb” of the chorus effect.

In fact, the only complaint I have about the Tube-Vibe is that these great controls are hidden inside the chassis instead of being easily accessible right on the top. But that’s an admittedly minor shortcoming in a product that sounds this good. In a word, the Tube-Vibe’s all-tube tone just plain rocks––from vintage Leslie-like vibrato all the way to droning, Cobain-esque chorus.

http://www.electric-guitar-review.com/2 ... ato-pedal/
b. :thumbsup

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Greg »

gtrplaya101 wrote:
Greg_G wrote:
A buddy of mine has one of these and he uses a wah pedal to control the speed I think it is. If this is what you are talking about then yeah it works great!
I think you're talking about using an Expression pedal to control vibe speed ?
Different thing.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Greg_G wrote:
gtrplaya101 wrote:
Greg_G wrote:
I think you're talking about using an Expression pedal to control vibe speed ?
Different thing.
I think like Greg......you have little switch inside, and when it is activated,you can do wah wah action using volume pedall...........
:blackeye

......what about those guuuuts..... :cry: :cry: :cry: .............please please .......... :)

this box is so awesome ....and I can't wait.......to see....and hear( cloned version).......

cheers

boris

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

• The only vibe with a configurable LFO. The Tube-Vibe adds a new dimension to the meaning of ‘custom’ - it can be configured to generate any waveshape to give a unique signature throb, thickness & tone. Contact us to find the perfect wave for your signature sound.
:?: :?: :?:
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Greg »

Auto Wah is like an Envelope Filter.
it should automatically respond to notes played.. mine doesn't do anything is this setting.

Pics will come soon.. just got home last night and still getting my feet on tehe ground and wading through all the things that build up when you go away.. :D

gtrplaya101
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by gtrplaya101 »

Hey when you take it apart can you take pics of the dis assembly. I would to make sure I can see how this thing is put together!

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Greg_G wrote:Auto Wah is like an Envelope Filter.
it should automatically respond to notes played.. mine doesn't do anything is this setting.

Pics will come soon.. just got home last night and still getting my feet on tehe ground and wading through all the things that build up when you go away.. :D

it is nice to see you back..... :thumbsup .....take your time,and if there is no envelope control inside I am going to add one there :block:

cheers man
boris

MWichni
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: HI-WATT DR103
Completed builds: Neo-Vibe, EH Big Muff Ram's Head, MXR Dynacomp, Demeter Compulator, Bk Butler Tube Driver, MXR Distortion +, Maxon OD880, MXR Phase 45, ProCo Rat, Colorsound Power Boost, BOSS CE-2, Rebote Delay 2.5, EH Electric Mistress, Fuzz Face, Tycobrahe Octavia, EH Pulsar. Custom made cabinet with 2x12" Celestion Vintage 30's.

Post by MWichni »

Show us the guts! :) I'm very curious. This vibe sounds much more better than mine clone.