Boutique Jordan Bosstone: KFA Fuzzly Bear  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.

Re: Boutique Jordan Bosstone: KFA Fuzzly Bear

Postby EmmG » 16 Aug 2017, 15:01

Less compression and more volume. Someone used my layout but with switchable LED's. EHX has a Bosstone clone without any clipping diodes at all.
EmmG
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 27 times

Postby bc108 » 16 Aug 2017, 15:51

EmmG wrote:Less compression and more volume. Someone used my layout but with switchable LED's. EHX has a Bosstone clone without any clipping diodes at all.

You're right... I don't reminded the parallel/series diodes properties.

I used on-off-on switch with 1n4148 in one side, red leds on another, and nothing in the middle.
That way I have the 3 options.
bc108

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Sasan » 11 Dec 2017, 11:26

Hi all,

first, thanks for the layout of one of the nicest Fuzz pedals out there. I'm a huge KMA fan and own the Fuzzly Bear already!
Nevertheless, I wanted to copy the pedal for a friend of mine....unfortunately, it's not working.

I double-checked everything, cut the lines to make sure there's no connection, etc...I can't seem to find the problem! :scratch:
Bypass works, as do the LEDs when I switch the pedal on...I probably overlook something

Any help is appreciated!Thanks in advance!

Here's two pics of the stripboard:

Image Image
Sasan

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby EmmG » 11 Dec 2017, 17:29

The 4001 is backwards. Also, lug#1 of the pregain pot should go either to row "H" if you choose not to place the pink resistor, or row " K" if you do - not both.

For this message the author EmmG has received thanks:
Sasan (11 Dec 2017, 19:59)
EmmG
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 27 times

Postby Sasan » 11 Dec 2017, 20:01

EmmG wrote:The 4001 is backwards. Also, lug#1 of the pregain pot should go either to row "H" if you choose not to place the pink resistor, or row " K" if you do - not both.

Wow, thanks for your fast reply! I can't believe I've put 4001 in backwards... :scratch:
And thanks for the clarification with lug#1...! Didn't know that as this was my first pedal not based on a kit! :) Thanks a lot!
Sasan

Have thanks: 3 times

Previous

Return to Boutique Stompboxes dissected...