Tone Bender Clones

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
adam79
Information

Post by adam79 »

Somehow the Tone Bender has avoided my radar until recently. Since then, I've been doing alot of research on clones, trying to find something affordable that sounds like the original. I think my favorite TB clip is the British Pedal Company comparison between their OC75 and OC81D models. The 81D floored me with its almost sizzling low end and just how brutal it sounded. I definitely can't afford to throw $300+ at a pedal right now, so I'm looking for a cheaper clone model. I love fuzz when it sounds good, but I think most are too harsh and raspy. Just looking for some suggestions on clones that aren't hundreds of dollars. I noticed some kits on eBay that are cheap, since u have to put them together youself, and from what I've heard so far, that might be the only cheap route.. all the ones I like are ridiculously expensive. The British Pedal Company model is actually at the low end of the spectrum. That DAM clone is almost insulting at 900$. I could just buy a vintage Supro with that that money!