Mad Professor 1

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

bajaman wrote:Just received my MP1 this morning - gave it a try and was a little disappointed in it - great reverb, BUT no way to run it without the distortion :cry:
After building the Friedman BE-OD and the Diezel VH4 designs I was looking forward to comparing them to the MP1 but it comes a distant third place as far as I am concerned.
OK - my main criticism is that the lowest gain (brown) setting is still way to much - perhaps a small toggle switch could have been added to select lower gain mode :hmmm:
And - a small toggle to defeat the gain stages completely while allowing footswitch control of the reverb would have been a nice feature too :wink:
I think I feel a challenge coming on :thumbsup
bajaman
The first gain stage has quite a bit of dirt to begin with and sounds quite good on its own but is not adjustable at all, it could be a good idea to alter this stage with a pot to allow the signal to clean up a bit before hitting the compressor and high gain stage. The Gain pot or Brown pot as it is called has little control variation and takes the pedal from high gain to highly saturated gain, I agree it would have been nicer to have the pedal with a lot more variation from a cleaner sound to high gain.

I must have a try of the BE-OD or VH4 from what you have said I think I will like those. :wink:
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?