Lovepedal Super Six Stevie Mod  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
RiGLEY
Information

Post by RiGLEY »

It sounds great.
Anyone have an idea what might be one the other side? :)

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

RiGLEY wrote: Anyone have an idea what might be one the other side? :)

cbriere
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cbriere »

Any one has openned it to see inside?
supposed to be opamp based.
same as the Super six standard pedal.

https://reverb.com/fr/item/4038374-love ... ?locale=fr

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

cbriere wrote:supposed to be opamp based.
That's a single mosfet like the SHO
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

marckosolo1
Information

Post by marckosolo1 »

last week i had one for a small repair.
Its a Timmy copy. I could not read all the capacitor values. The opamp is sanded. The resistor values are all the same except bias resistor for the input. This is 1M instead of 510 K. There are some small mods. Gain pot is 500 kA. Treble pot is 10 kB. There are four 1n914 diodes in the clipping stage. I tested the pedal side by side with a Timmy. The differences where very small and easy to compensate with the gain and tone knobs.
Attachments
LOvepedal.jpg
LOvepedal.jpg (79.85 KiB) Viewed 6518 times

John G
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by John G »

Hi,
Is the picture posted the Love pedal ??
If so do you have any other photos.
Thanks
John

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

Nocentelli wrote:
cbriere wrote:supposed to be opamp based.
That's a single mosfet like the SHO
LOL at the SHO sounding like a Timmy. Sean thinks in tone, not topography :secret:

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

marckosolo1 wrote:Its a Timmy copy.
Another timmy clone from Lovepedal? What a guy.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

yeah it's like he doubled down after he got called out and released it a few times more.

there is a German saying that roughly translates to "Once your reputation's gone, you can boldly carry on."

marckosolo1
Information

Post by marckosolo1 »

John G wrote:Hi,
Is the picture posted the Love pedal ??
If so do you have any other photos.
Thanks
John
This is the Lovepedal
Sorry there are no other photos

joaquin.norambuena
Information

Post by joaquin.norambuena »

here trying to bring this good ol' thread back to life.
So it's just a timmy?, confirmed? can anybody be a little more specific on the mods done to it?, Its virtually imposible to get one I'm my country to check it out, so it would be very helpful to have some input from you guys!

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

joaquin.norambuena wrote:here trying to bring this good ol' thread back to life.
So it's just a timmy?, confirmed? can anybody be a little more specific on the mods done to it?, Its virtually imposible to get one I'm my country to check it out, so it would be very helpful to have some input from you guys!
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabbl ... 55i20.html
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

John G
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by John G »

Hi,
I'm confused now.................the photo shows an IC and it has been suggested that it is in fact a Timmy variant, TSG boards seems quite different.
Can someone enlighten me.
As far as the Photo goes, I see that at least one of the 3K3 resistors is missing and another on the right hand side, So maybe its Love pedals Timmy with a couple of tweaks ??
John

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

Please read the full thread. The super six is not the same as the super six stevie mod apparently.

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

There is a very simple R/C circuit that may work in front of a lot of OD pedals that can help to deliver that famous tone signature.
A 1n5 cap in front of a voltage divider consisting of two 100k resistors forms a simple HPF rolling off from about 1khZ at 12 dB per octave.
Of course IF the following circuits/Amp has little bass to start with it may not work so well but you can increase the cap value to compensate a bit.

This pulls the sensitivity down a lot and you don't have as much volume but hey if you want that super clean OD tone then you can't have stupidly high sensitivity (i.e. Hi Z inputs) as the bass will splat at high volume and the treble peak from the massive resonant peak of the PU's will trash the effect and you treble will be extremely brittle.

I have a Stock Boss SD1 and the above trick works through my pedal board/SS amp setup,, not as good as the real thing but still very convincing.
As I've played around with a lot of tone circuits over the years I can tell you there are many tricks to be found with dead simple circuit tricks.

If you are the lucky owner of a Super Reverb or similar era amp then you only need the 1n5 cap as the low input already has the voltage divider just put the cap in series with the signal path and you will have something very close to that tonal signature.
In the case of a real tube amp the magic will only happen when it's running at high volume.
Phil.

paulc
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by paulc »

Super Six vs Steve mod.. Not even close and I hate that guy... Two different pedals with modman who knows nothing but posts "traced"

JbassFunk775
Information

Post by JbassFunk775 »

marckosolo1 wrote:last week i had one for a small repair.
Its a Timmy copy. I could not read all the capacitor values. The opamp is sanded. The resistor values are all the same except bias resistor for the input. This is 1M instead of 510 K. There are some small mods. Gain pot is 500 kA. Treble pot is 10 kB. There are four 1n914 diodes in the clipping stage. I tested the pedal side by side with a Timmy. The differences where very small and easy to compensate with the gain and tone knobs.
-Yep that’s the exact same circuit board I have in my Lovepedal Super 6 Stevie Mod.. So I can at least confirm that’s the genuine article as well as the a few components (the op amp in particular) have had all printing & indicators obscured via filing and some form of black epoxy. Making identification impossible. The guy who posted the “traced” Super Six SM schematic may have come up with a nice sounding circuit, but the actual Lovepedal SS isn’t the kind of smaller MOSFET type thing found in a lot of clean booster/preamp like an Xotic EP, Or even like in a Lovepedal Les Louis (tweed sound).

**Now with that said I feel I need to clear the air with regard to suggestions that the Super Six Stevie Mod is “basically a Paul C Timmy”. Please let me be clear;The Lovepedal SS is not based on, or variation of, a Timmy.. In fact the Super Six is nothing like a Timmy in any way whatsoever I own an original Timmy and a Super Six Stevie; The Timmy utilizes “soft clipping” design utilizing diodes in symmetrical/Asymmetrical switched clipping configurations etc. The Lovepedal is the very opposite and utilizes only a single op-amp “hard clipping” concept.. I could go on but you get the
point, plus they don’t sound anything alike regardless.

Since this is actually my very first post on this forum I think I’ll stop there. I’ve probably ruffled enough feathers as it is.. :whappen: However if there’s anyone interested in my input I’d love to help break this down

JbassFunk775
Information

Post by JbassFunk775 »

paulc wrote:Super Six vs Steve mod.. Not even close and I hate that guy... Two different pedals with modman who knows nothing but posts "traced"
Haha.. Exactly, I just saw this after I had already posted a response saying essentially this very thing (albeit in a long winded way).
*Just to clarify is this THE Paul C?? Ive spoken to Paul C (the pedal building Paul C) on other Forums like TGP so I’m guessing it’s likely.. But I’m new here and this is a pedal forum, So I thought I should double check.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Yes, it is "the" Paul C

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

Guys

I've spent my early life outside, so I've missed all the drama. Can anybody explain what's this whole Lovepedal thing is all about? :?
I know the guy's "famous" for making 1001th iteration of electra overdrive, but still?