Fulltone - GT 500

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
toneboner
Information

Post by toneboner »

thanks MKB, baja, really nice tips

maybe i should have checked in here before i took the hammer out of the toolbox...

toneboner
Information

Post by toneboner »

not a good beginners project! the input/ output and ac jacks have to be desoldered in order to free the board from the housing -- no big deal. but following the signal path on that crowded board is a bit difficult. I think the only way to get truly underneath it's skin will be using more,,, destructive methods. And after playing on it for a bit I'm really not sure it's worth it! ...sounded better in the store

drocelot
Information

Post by drocelot »

Sorry to revive an old post but does a schematic exist for these? Also apparently the RED vs Gray pedals are different in terms of mods. I am curious in these mods as I am finding the distortion in the Gray one a little fizzy.

drocelot
Information

Post by drocelot »

Or the Mod PDF that was originally sent out?

dorrisant
Information

Post by dorrisant »

I have a busted red one... S#5925. Can anyone tell me what the value of R43 is? I got this one in a box of junk. The inductor is missing too... I have a few spares. I would just like to get this thing to function.

ognob1968
Information

Post by ognob1968 »

I know this is an elderly thread
Just got an old GT500 Grey version in. anyone have that mod sheet PDF ???

making a voltagedoubler on the supply is kinda obvious, would like to check the mods

Møller

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

9 years and 5 pages of bla bla, and still no full schematic. :-(

This is an interesting option, maybe I'd chose the Wampler Sovereign Distortion:
atreidesheir wrote:Might it not be a good idea to add a good distortion/overdrive to the fat bastard circuit and wire for both with the ability to switch the order. If the distortion is not great in the gt500, why bother really.
Just approach it as an "insert here" type drive.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

Picked up a red one used, worth keeping
Anyone know how to narrow the Q on the mid inductor circuit?