Vintage Technology - Orange Sunshine ( Fuzz )

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
drushton2002
Information

Post by drushton2002 »

I found a schematic,a layout (that has a glaring error) and a couple of reviews on this pedal but little else. i am working on building it (i screwed up my grounds so i am bypassing the trannies for now but will fix that when i get home from a day of teaching physics to freshmen) and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this pedal, or any tips to modify it such as adding a tone pot or tonestack to it, changing the input cap etc. any help would be greatly appreciated and when i am done i will post some sounds. if anyone likes i can up the schematic and layout i am using. thanks and have a good one!

drushton2002
Information

Post by drushton2002 »

here is the schematic
orange.jpg
orange.jpg (16.49 KiB) Viewed 1410 times

BJF
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by BJF »

Hi,

Hey if your teaching this to freshmen tell also about how the loadingpoint affects preformance.
If you make an experimentboard mount potentimoeters for the Rc's and make your freshmen listen and decide what sounds good.

Have fun
BJ

drushton2002
Information

Post by drushton2002 »

oh no! i would love to teach electronics to the kids but that wouldn't cover the wonderful standards i have to teach iwas just saying i would work on this the day of teaching hahahaha

Facukabra
Information

Post by Facukabra »

Hola! Yo arme este, y no me convenció. Es un circuito de Ff tradicional con los valores alterados. Creo que seria buena idea agregar un par de trimmers para polarizar los transistores (yo use 3904). Tambien serviría agregar el tone stack de big muff pi. Tambien habia agregado un pot 100k justo antes de la salida, a modo de volumen. No se cual es el error que mencionas mas arriba... saludos!